Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] Camera comparison UB vs LB

Tip us?
 
allinkiran
Old
(Last edited by allinkiran; 18th April 2014 at 06:10 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default [Request] Camera comparison UB vs LB

Can someone post pic samples with LB and UB and how much the quality decreases?
Also if I unlock the bootloader and relock it after restoring TA, would Bionz work again normally?
 
HellRoot
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 1,198
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinkiran View Post
Can someone post pic samples with LB and UB and how much the quality decreases?
Also if I unlock the bootloader and relock it after restoring TA, would Bionz work again normally?
And will relock without ta be equal to relock with ta?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar
 
kantk20111
Old
#3  
kantk20111's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 627
Posts: 1,350
Join Date: Feb 2011
wait whaaat...I thought Sony fixed the ULB camera and it's the same as the locked BL one now?
Current Device: Sony Xperia Z1

Previous Devices: Galaxy S3 I9300, SE Xperia X10i
 
HellRoot
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 1,198
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantk20111 View Post
wait whaaat...I thought Sony fixed the ULB camera and it's the same as the locked BL one now?
Just tested my unlocked with an locked.. Not much difference

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar
 
fer2503
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 904
Join Date: Nov 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot View Post
Just tested my unlocked with an locked.. Not much difference

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
can you post the example? thanks
 
zyxel25
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 234
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantk20111 View Post
wait whaaat...I thought Sony fixed the ULB camera and it's the same as the locked BL one now?
what i know is only the BIONZ will not work when you UB even if you restore your ta. correct me if im wrong.
 
HellRoot
Old
(Last edited by HellRoot; 19th April 2014 at 08:30 PM.)
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 1,198
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer2503 View Post
can you post the example? thanks
This is from mine with unlocked... Zoom in and compare the noise with your own...

Sorry that I can't give a picture from a UB and lb but I compared it to a friends picture during day and not that much difference...

Both were taken with superior auto.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar
The Following User Says Thank You to HellRoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fer2503
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 904
Join Date: Nov 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot View Post
This is from mine with unlocked... Zoom in and compare the noise with your own...

Sorry that I can't give a picture from a UB and lb but I compared it to a friends picture during day and not that much difference...

Both were taken with superior auto.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i can't see anithing. But for a really comparsion we have to make the same photo in the same light after few minutes or the test doesn't have any result. If anyone can do this we can see if there is any difference. Maybe @showlyshah can help us
 
HellRoot
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 232
Posts: 1,198
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer2503 View Post
i can't see anithing. But for a really comparsion we have to make the same photo in the same light after few minutes or the test doesn't have any result. If anyone can do this we can see if there is any difference. Maybe @showlyshah can help us
Better?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8qira7s50kj1wv/DSC_0095.JPG



You should be able to get a feel of the quality... There is a difference but it is not major

But yes.. Two pictures in same environment would be better

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar
 
kantk20111
Old
#10  
kantk20111's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 627
Posts: 1,350
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyxel25 View Post
what i know is only the BIONZ will not work when you UB even if you restore your ta. correct me if im wrong.
Nooooo.... I thought that was fixed with the 4.4 update. That sucks big time if it's true (that I can't restore it with my TA backup).
Current Device: Sony Xperia Z1

Previous Devices: Galaxy S3 I9300, SE Xperia X10i

The Following User Says Thank You to kantk20111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes