Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth headset will not launch voice dial of google now

Tip us?

gilsh4321
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth headset will not launch voice dial of google now

For some reason, pressing the phone button on my Bluetooth headset (Scala Rider), will not launch google now, or any other app on my LG G2. It seems like the phone do not recognize the headset as handsfree kit.
Anyone has an idea how to solve this issue? Iíve checked the headset set with some other phones (GALAXY 3, Optimus G) and it worked fine.

thanks,

Cavalier Condorelli
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Unhappy same problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsh4321 View Post
For some reason, pressing the phone button on my Bluetooth headset (Scala Rider), will not launch google now, or any other app on my LG G2. It seems like the phone do not recognize the headset as handsfree kit.
Anyone has an idea how to solve this issue? Iíve checked the headset set with some other phones (GALAXY 3, Optimus G) and it worked fine.

thanks,
Hi, I have the same issue! I've been searching for a solution for a while without success.
I have contacted the LG support and they confirm to me that there is no voice call function through bluetooth headsets.
My model is LG G2 (Stock SW Version D80210a-EUR-XX).
The following are the attempts have made:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2476080&page=5 (post 43)
NOTE: I have Google Now instead of Google search and I use Cyberon Voice Commander instead of Voice Dialer

-I've tried Bluetooth Launch
-I've tried VoiceDialerLauncher.apk (Post 10 Quote: "It is because phone launch MIC_VOICE_COMMAND intent action instead of VOICE_COMMAND. I wrote small application that intercept MIC_VOICE_COMMAND and run VOICE_COMMAND. I tried it with motorolla Voice Commands (installed on system partition) and it is works fine.")

-I've tried Tasker AUTOVOICE!

I think the solution is quite simple, for example with an xposed module, but we have to make our request to be take into account seriously.

Please keep us in touch if we found a solution!

juajar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi, I have the same problem. Has anyone been able to fix this?

juajar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I tried to copy all Bluetooth files from a D801 ROM with no luck... Phone is Bricked, if anyone can help im sure its easy to enable HFP in our version.

juajar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi Guys, got a solution for you... Sort of...

What I found you can do is remap the redial action on your headset/car to activate the voice dialer app. Just download an app called "Smart Bluetooth Headset" by Yassen Dobrev https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.yado.btbut

Then set it to remap the Redial Button to open your favorite voice dialer.

This might not be what we where looking for but it will do the trick handsfree.

Best

ak538cn
Old
(Last edited by ak538cn; 22nd May 2014 at 08:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem; the phone button does not work in both my intercom-headset (Sena SMH5) inside my helmet and in my car stereo bluetooth hands free phone.
I tried changing this file /system/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf as in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1023193 but no luck
I heard that with CyanogenMod roms there is not this problem, but I prefer to stay with the stock rom.
Anyone has come up with a solution?

ilrisolutore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier Condorelli View Post
Hi, I have the same issue! I've been searching for a solution for a while without success.
I have contacted the LG support and they confirm to me that there is no voice call function through bluetooth headsets.
My model is LG G2 (Stock SW Version D80210a-EUR-XX).
The following are the attempts have made:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2476080&page=5 (post 43)
NOTE: I have Google Now instead of Google search and I use Cyberon Voice Commander instead of Voice Dialer

-I've tried Bluetooth Launch
-I've tried VoiceDialerLauncher.apk (Post 10 Quote: "It is because phone launch MIC_VOICE_COMMAND intent action instead of VOICE_COMMAND. I wrote small application that intercept MIC_VOICE_COMMAND and run VOICE_COMMAND. I tried it with motorolla Voice Commands (installed on system partition) and it is works fine.")

-I've tried Tasker AUTOVOICE!

I think the solution is quite simple, for example with an xposed module, but we have to make our request to be take into account seriously.

Please keep us in touch if we found a solution!
Don't work for me

ilrisolutore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
News?

ilrisolutore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Nobody cares about this issue?

Cavalier Condorelli
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilrisolutore View Post
Nobody cares about this issue?
No solution at the moment, but I have not update to KitKat. Maybe it solve this issue....