Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] 1800MHz LTE Band

OP levilib

23rd April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

131 posts
This phone is the first phone Verizon is selling (except the iPhones) that has the 1800MHz LTE Band (band 3).
When I saw this I was particularly excited as I visit Australia often and that's the band Telstra uses. I am currently in Australia now, and I am unable to pick up any LTE on this phone. I have gone through every possible mode in the phoneinfo app, but none will get any LTE signal.
I am using a Telstra SIM that has LTE service and I put in the correct APN settings.

The only possible explanation that comes to mind is that Verizon is blocking the 1800MHz LTE band from being used, just like the S4 came with AWS but only a software update pushed later on was able to unlock that band. If that were the case, is there any way around it?

Any other ideas why it's not working?
26th April 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
I tested my SIM in the same location in a iPhone and it got lte

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #3  
Richmond, VA, USA

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by levilib

This phone is the first phone Verizon is selling (except the iPhones) that has the 1800MHz LTE Band (band 3).
When I saw this I was particularly excited as I visit Australia often and that's the band Telstra uses. I am currently in Australia now, and I am unable to pick up any LTE on this phone. I have gone through every possible mode in the phoneinfo app, but none will get any LTE signal.
I am using a Telstra SIM that has LTE service and I put in the correct APN settings.

The only possible explanation that comes to mind is that Verizon is blocking the 1800MHz LTE band from being used, just like the S4 came with AWS but only a software update pushed later on was able to unlock that band. If that were the case, is there any way around it?

Any other ideas why it's not working?

Bit of a necro-post, but I asked both HTC and Verizon associates and they said that it should work...so don't know if some bad information has been passed my way or GSM/LTE is just being funky (I do remember reading that has been, or was, a problem)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread