S5 Battery Consumption

13th May 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

94 posts
More
I had an LG G Pro and when i went to sleep every night the phone was at 100% and it would be like that for 8 hours of sleep, now with my Galaxy S5 the phone will consume 1% in 8 hours. I know that's nothing but why is it doing that if i'm not using the phone.
13th May 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 59

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikyPR

I had an LG G Pro and when i went to sleep every night the phone was at 100% and it would be like that for 8 hours of sleep, now with my Galaxy S5 the phone will consume 1% in 8 hours. I know that's nothing but why is it doing that if i'm not using the phone.

It all really depends on what your phone is doing or what is running in the background.

If you want to get to the root of the problem ( stand by for pun ) you should root your device (eyyyy ) but seriously root it and install wake lock detector. See what is using your phone and waking it up out of sleep. It could be that it randomly looses signal and starts searching for it during the night or it could be something like Facebook waking up and checking for updates.
13th May 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 199

1,412 posts
The lg g pro has a stronger battery thats y

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 29

261 posts
More
You make is sound like you lost 1% of battery in 8 hours... umm that is actually quite good, amazing actually. Whats the problem?
13th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

94 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerr1985

You make is sound like you lost 1% of battery in 8 hours... umm that is actually quite good, amazing actually. Whats the problem?

It's not a problem, is just that if the phone screen is off and i'm not using it at all. It's not suppose to lose 1% of battery. I'm going to try what
Quote:

Sparatan117

Said.
13th May 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 29

261 posts
More
Quote:

It's not a problem, is just that if the phone screen is off and i'm not using it at all. It's not suppose to lose 1% of battery. I'm going to try what Said.

1% in idle is still amazing. Unless the phone is powered down, I'm not sure how you can really get much better than that.
"Samsung’s press materials say that the phone offers about 390 hours of standby time with LTE on." - Still insanely impressive and you probably have to have Ultra Power Saving mode on, which puts your phone's appearance and operations in crap mode.

If you lost 1% every 8 hours, then you will be getting roughly 800 hours of standby, which is double what Samsung claims you can achieve.

If you are going by what the other poster said, then he/she is likely referring to having the phone rooted and applying the "Greenify" app. This will hibernate anything, including system apps. I do hope you have luck with that... for some reason, when I use Greenify on this phone, I get worse battery life than with it off. I"m too lazy to tinker with it...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gerr1985 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 20

244 posts
you do know that the phone is still on consuming power / electricity during idle/sleep mode, right...? I get about 3 days idle if I rarely use the phone and have like 11 things syncing stuff, which I find good.
13th May 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

94 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerr1985

1% in idle is still amazing. Unless the phone is powered down, I'm not sure how you can really get much better than that.
"Samsung’s press materials say that the phone offers about 390 hours of standby time with LTE on." - Still insanely impressive and you probably have to have Ultra Power Saving mode on, which puts your phone's appearance and operations in crap mode.

If you lost 1% every 8 hours, then you will be getting roughly 800 hours of standby, which is double what Samsung claims you can achieve.

If you are going by what the other poster said, then he/she is likely referring to having the phone rooted and applying the "Greenify" app. This will hibernate anything, including system apps. I do hope you have luck with that... for some reason, when I use Greenify on this phone, I get worse battery life than with it off. I"m too lazy to tinker with it...

Thanks for The Fast Replys And Overall everything
14th May 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 25

124 posts
Quote:

It's not a problem, is just that if the phone screen is off and i'm not using it at all. It's not suppose to lose 1% of battery.

How can you expect any electronic device that is ON to not have any battery consumption over 8 hours? obviously it needs to consume power to stay powered on...cpu is still running..cellphone still needs to maintain communication to the cell towers...syncing is still happening...running apps or system apps are still updating their status....
14th May 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 110

874 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoidx

How can you expect any electronic device that is ON to not have any battery consumption over 8 hours? obviously it needs to consume power to stay powered on...cpu is still running..cellphone still needs to maintain communication to the cell towers...syncing is still happening...running apps or system apps are still updating their status....

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank