Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Rom compatibility on the different versions of the m8?

OP scataldo721

16th May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 133

872 posts
More
I was just curious if all or some roms found here would be compatible with the various US versions of the M8, i am looking to upgrade from an EVO 4G LTE and have never had a phone where each carrier has their own version ( like the M8, M7, GS4, GS5, etc.). Im guessing most if not all AOSP roms would be compatible, but i noticed only some of the sense roms were compatible with the differet versions of the phone.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, and i look forward to joining this community!
17th May 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

220 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scataldo721

I was just curious if all or some roms found here would be compatible with the various US versions of the M8, i am looking to upgrade from an EVO 4G LTE and have never had a phone where each carrier has their own version ( like the M8, M7, GS4, GS5, etc.). Im guessing most if not all AOSP roms would be compatible, but i noticed only some of the sense roms were compatible with the differet versions of the phone.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, and i look forward to joining this community!

I think they should be compatible and if not it would be mentioned in the rom thread. I know that viper supports some carriers or maybe all not sure
17th May 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,850

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
You'd really have to go and check in the specific ROM threads that you're thinking about flashing. Some do. Some don't.
17th May 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 133

872 posts
More
Thanks I just got my m8 actually can't wait to unlock this bad boy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread