No registration required

[Q] Losing the extra camera when using a stock 4.4.2 ROM

OP mazdarati2

16th May 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

195 posts
More
I wonder what would happen to the extra camera when you flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM. Would it then become useless? And I also wonder what happens to the 'double tap to wake the screen gesture'.

Thanks
16th May 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 60

1,050 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdarati2

I wonder what would happen to the extra camera when you flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM. Would it then become useless? And I also wonder what happens to the 'double tap to wake the screen gesture'.

Thanks

Do you mean AOSP? Because stock ROMs are exactly where those two features work. On AOSP, I'm quite sure those features won't be active. Possibly someone could port them over, but then it wouldn't truly be AOSP.

If you mean a Google Play Edition ROM, I don't think the motion gestures will work, but I think the second camera is supposed to be active and functional. Someone who's used a GPE ROM would be able to answer better though, as I'm on Sense, and I'm just pretty sure I read that somewhere.
17th May 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

220 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig0r

Do you mean AOSP? Because stock ROMs are exactly where those two features work. On AOSP, I'm quite sure those features won't be active. Possibly someone could port them over, but then it wouldn't truly be AOSP.

If you mean a Google Play Edition ROM, I don't think the motion gestures will work, but I think the second camera is supposed to be active and functional. Someone who's used a GPE ROM would be able to answer better though, as I'm on Sense, and I'm just pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I dont know about AOSP but on GPE both the motion gesture and the duo camera will work. On gpe just take a pic, go to HTC gallery, and edit the photo you want.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread