I've HTC One m7 which I converted to GPe about a month ago. This is the tutorial I followed:
Here's what I did, step by step
1. I was on GPe, rooted, TWRP recovery, S-OFF and unlocked bootloader
2. I flashed Hboot 1.44 mentioned in the above thread.
3. Flashed the RUU.zip for my model ( CID was supercid when this was done)
4. Restored my original cid
5. I again installed TWRP recovery to run guru's bootloader reset, by which I locked my device again.
6. Here's where the problems begin. My USB 3.0 port doesn't detect phone in fastboot ( I'm on Ubuntu 14.04)
7. Here's the output of two consecutive fastboot getvar all command on USB 2.0
fastboot getvar all getvar:all FAILED (status malformed (0 bytes)) finished. total time: 1.001s
fastboot getvar all (bootloader) version: 0.5 (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000 (bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13 (bootloader) version-cpld: None (bootloader) version-microp: None (bootloader) version-main: 1.29.707.4 (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF (bootloader) serialno: FAxx (bootloader) imei: xx (bootloader) meid: 00000000000000 (bootloader) product: m7_u (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064 (bootloader) modelid: PN0711000 (bootloader) cidnum: HTC__038 (bootloader) battery-status: good (bootloader) battery-voltage: 3871mV (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic (bootloader) security: off (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Value too large for defined data type)) finished. total time: 8.031s
8. I downloaded the official OTA update, but when I install it, it leads me to TWRP recovery where it does nothing.
Now what should I do? I need to go to complete stock status. Will it be OK if I flash ruu again, or will I run into some trouble in case it stops midway?
EDIT: Couple of things I forgot to mention
1. I have a full stock nandroid(except for the recovery) for 4.4.2 which I took before converting to GPe
2. I also searched for stock recoveries, but I can't find one for 1.29.707 , if I get one maybe it can resolve some issues by installing the OTA.