Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

One "this is a test device" help - urgent

Tip us?
 
Terros
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2011
Question One "this is a test device" help - urgent

Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help, my beloved HTC One has fallen victim to the dreaded Purple Camera issue and I need to send it back.

I'm on HBOOT 1.56 and I need to turn S-ON back on as my phone says that my phone is a "Test Device" in bold red writing if you reset the phone and under About>Help

I don't want any warranty issues with HTC as being in South Africa, support is very limited as it is and they will find any excuse not to try fix it.

If anyone can give out any tips or advice I'd be happy to donate even.

I've done lots of Googling and tried a couple things but it's all for older HBOOT's than mine.

Please and thanks guys.
 
alray
Old
#2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,098
Posts: 2,841
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terros View Post
Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help, my beloved HTC One has fallen victim to the dreaded Purple Camera issue and I need to send it back.

I'm on HBOOT 1.56 and I need to turn S-ON back on as my phone says that my phone is a "Test Device" in bold red writing if you reset the phone and under About>Help

I don't want any warranty issues with HTC as being in South Africa, support is very limited as it is and they will find any excuse not to try fix it.

If anyone can give out any tips or advice I'd be happy to donate even.

I've done lots of Googling and tried a couple things but it's all for older HBOOT's than mine.

Please and thanks guys.
First, post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' (except imei and serialno)

Do NOT S-ON for the moment.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
 
Terros
Old
(Last edited by Terros; 16th May 2014 at 05:38 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
First, post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' (except imei and serialno)

Do NOT S-ON for the moment.
Thanks for the speedy response!

This is the getvar info:


D:\htcone\fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4323mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.065s
 
alray
Old
#4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,098
Posts: 2,841
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terros View Post
Thanks for the speedy response!

This is the getvar info:


D:\htcone\fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4323mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.065s
ok so you'll need to downgrade your phone first because turning back s-on on hboot 1.56 will trigger the tampered flag in the bootloader.

use the 1.28.401.7 ruu with the guru bootloader reset tool

refer to this guide and follow instructions carefully. Again, do not s-on on hboot 1.55 and above, only do it on 1.44 or 1.54.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Terros
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
First, post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' (except imei and serialno)

Do NOT S-ON for the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
ok so you'll need to downgrade your phone first because turning back s-on on hboot 1.56 will trigger the tampered flag in the bootloader.

use the 1.28.401.7 ruu with the guru bootloader reset tool

refer to this guide and follow instructions carefully. Again, do not s-on on hboot 1.55 and above, only do it on 1.44 or 1.54.
Awesome! I just downgraded to 1.44,

Can I go ahead now and use fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 to S-ON the device?

Just wanting to make 100% sure.
 
nkk71
Old
#6  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,929
Posts: 5,901
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terros View Post
Awesome! I just downgraded to 1.44,

Can I go ahead now and use fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 to S-ON the device?

Just wanting to make 100% sure.
have you removed tampered and set the phone to locked, and flashed the 1.28.401.7 ruu?
 
Terros
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
have you removed tampered and set the phone to locked, and flashed the 1.28.401.7 ruu?
My phone still says Locked, I flashed the 1.28.401.12_hboot_1.44.zip

I haven't actually done the 1.28.401.7 RUU, Is that what I do after I flashed the 1.44 hboot?

My phone is on 4.4.2.
 
nkk71
Old
(Last edited by nkk71; 16th May 2014 at 03:20 PM.)
#8  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,929
Posts: 5,901
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terros View Post
My phone still says Locked, I flashed the 1.28.401.12_hboot_1.44.zip

I haven't actually done the 1.28.401.7 RUU, Is that what I do after I flashed the 1.44 hboot?

My phone is on 4.4.2.
DO NOT GO S-ON

first run the RUU.EXE or the flash the RUU.ZIP

then we can consider s-on, with S-On you cannot downgrade!!! and you'll be majorly stuck.

let me know when you've done the ruu



PS: please follow the guide

1- remove tampered set locked
2- run / flash ruu 1.28.401.7
3- boot up once to make sure everything is OK, do NOT take OTA
4- go S-ON if you really need to
.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Terros
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
DO NOT GO S-ON

first run the RUU.EXE or the flash the RUU.ZIP

then we can consider s-on, with S-On you cannot downgrade!!! and you'll be majorly stuck.

let me know when you've done the ruu



PS: please follow the guide

1- remove tampered set locked
2- run / flash ruu 1.28.401.7
3- boot up once to make sure everything is OK, do NOT take OTA
4- go S-ON if you really need to
.
Ok thanks.

Is this the correct RUU > RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed?

 
nkk71
Old
#10  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,929
Posts: 5,901
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terros View Post
Ok thanks.

Is this the correct RUU > RUU M7 UL JB 50 HTC Europe 1.28.401.7 Radio 4A.13.3231.27 10.31.1131.05 Release 310878 Signed?

yes,

this one for RUU.EXE method: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u...78_signed-exe/

or this one for RUU.ZIP method: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...78_signed-zip/
AFH mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407584993

remember to check MD5 on the download, to make sure it's not corrupt
.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes