[Q] How to cause emergency shutdown

Search This thread

Ahmed

Dec 14, 2012
Phones like Xperia S/SL has got non-removable batteries. Well, in case of bootloop, SOD or screen freeze appears during reboot, what can I do? For other devices, I could have pulled out the battery to shut down the phone, then plug the battery again and do something else (like entering fastboot/cwm) etc. But I can't do the same in SL/S, and that's why I am very afraid to flash any ROMS/test kernels etc.

There must be a way, please help me. :confused:

entermetallica

Jun 10, 2012
Paradise City
Phones like Xperia S/SL has got non-removable batteries. Well, in case of bootloop, SOD or screen freeze appears during reboot, what can I do? For other devices, I could have pulled out the battery to shut down the phone, then plug the battery again and do something else (like entering fastboot/cwm) etc. But I can't do the same in SL/S, and that's why I am very afraid to flash any ROMS/test kernels etc.

Keep pressing volume up and the power button for a few seconds.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Free mobile app

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Holding volume up and power will force it off.
One buzz - force off
3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)

Edit: Ah, got beaten!

Reactions: glenkocco

Ahmed

Dec 14, 2012
One buzz - force off

As you said 3 buzz would do the work of pulling the battery. But when you pull battery a device simply turns off but it doesn't hard reset. What do you mean by "3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)"?

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
As you said 3 buzz would do the work of pulling the battery. But when you pull battery a device simply turns off but it doesn't hard reset. What do you mean by "3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)"?

Hard reset means it won't go into process of shutting down, it would be like removing Your phone's battery, it switches off directly. No harm is done to the data. Buzz means vibrations!

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: glenkocco and Ahmed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hard reset means it won't go into process of shutting down, it would be like removing Your phone's battery, it switches off directly. No harm is done to the data. Buzz means vibrations!

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    One buzz - force off