Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] All on-line accounts are deleted after reboot

Tip us?

alahmed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] All on-line accounts are deleted after reboot

I'm currently running the latest update for the Nokia X Platform (version 1.1.2.2) and I noticed that after I successfully added several on-line accounts in the settings, such as BBM, outlook.com, WhatsApp, etc., all these accounts were automatically deleted after the first reboot!

I tried to re-add the same on-line accounts but after the second reboot, they were deleted again!

It looks like it's a bug in the operating system but I don't know how to track it nor debug it.

I googled for a bug thread or a complain regarding Nokia X in several forums but I couldn't find a single thread with the same problem! Am I the only one who faces such issue? If anyone here has the same problem or a suggestion to solve it, please share with us.

Thank you very much

Dom3616
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by alahmed View Post
I'm currently running the latest update for the Nokia X Platform (version 1.1.2.2) and I noticed that after I successfully added several on-line accounts in the settings, such as BBM, outlook.com, WhatsApp, etc., all these accounts were automatically deleted after the first reboot!

I tried to re-add the same on-line accounts but after the second reboot, they were deleted again!

It looks like it's a bug in the operating system but I don't know how to track it nor debug it.

I googled for a bug thread or a complain regarding Nokia X in several forums but I couldn't find a single thread with the same problem! Am I the only one who faces such issue? If anyone here has the same problem or a suggestion to solve it, please share with us.

Thank you very much
You can re-flash the stock ROM with Nokia X Flasher.
A Nokia Dev. Currently working on Lewa OS for Nokia XL and KitKat.

My works:

AMIT KARMAKAR
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Bro flash your phn with stock r0m.

GIVE ME A THANKS
DON'T SAY THANKS JUST CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON
sigpic5829116_1

alahmed
Old
(Last edited by alahmed; 17th May 2014 at 02:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking Problem Solved

I kept googling for a solution and I finally found a blog which explains in details the root cause of this issue; according to Markoff, it's basically problem with app accessing encrypted data (usually used by paid apps or something behind password like free E-mail/IM clients or even launchers) before specific folder (mnt/asec) is mounted during boot of Android system.

In my case, all my downloaded applications were moved to SD card using Titanium Backup (yes my phone is rooted ) in order to free some space in the limited 1.2 GB internal storage.

Solution how to fix this extremely annoying bug of Android Jelly Bean 4.1.x/4.2.x/4.3:
1. Check if app with disappearing account (System settings\Accounts) is not installed on SD card, if it's installed on SD card move the app to Internal storage of your phone/tablet and create account again, which should solve the issue for most of the users and account should be preserved after restart/shutdown. This solution has worked as charm for me
The credit of this solution goes to Markoff the author of the blog, I just wanted to share my experience with my fellow Nokia X/XL users.

Source link: http://markoff.biz/pivot/entry.php?id=1672&w=my_weblog
The Following User Says Thank You to alahmed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]