Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No 4G connectivity

Tip us?

workoutas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No 4G connectivity

Hey,
Currently I'm on network Three in UK. My LG G2 is sim-free. As you know Three started to provide free 4g service. But the thing is in the settings menu there is no option to chose 4g connection , only GSM and 3G. I should get 4g service because I live in London and 4g works here since December. My software version is D80210f-EUR-XX. First time then I turned on the device I got a small app update which is called LteConfigs , but nothing happened after.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

muzamal
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Try this one: type this code *#*#4636#*#* and then take first option and scroll down and then you can select only 4g. Maybe this works.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

GalaxySIIII
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutas View Post
Hey,
Currently I'm on network Three in UK. My LG G2 is sim-free. As you know Three started to provide free 4g service. But the thing is in the settings menu there is no option to chose 4g connection , only GSM and 3G. I should get 4g service because I live in London and 4g works here since December. My software version is D80210f-EUR-XX. First time then I turned on the device I got a small app update which is called LteConfigs , but nothing happened after.

man start read up mine posts and threads here ull get to know
Vivo X3S (mine)
LG F320S (SOLD!)
LG F180S (GF's)
SmartAss®

workoutas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzamal View Post
Try this one: type this code *#*#4636#** and then take first option and scroll down and then you can select only 4g. Maybe this works.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
Tried few times, says that this application doesn't work on this phone and I cannot enter to the first section.

workoutas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxySIIII View Post
man start read up mine posts and threads here ull get to know

Can you give a link where exactly ? Cheers

Arkangel786
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Hey,

Are you sure the three 4g roll-out has reached your area? I'm on the same software version and can choose LTE in the settings menu.
Try putting a Voda/EE sim in and then check.

GalaxySIIII
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Can you give a link where exactly ? Cheers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589393

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2613229
Vivo X3S (mine)
LG F320S (SOLD!)
LG F180S (GF's)
SmartAss®

dukla2000
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Yup, Yup, Yup, yup, yup, yup & yup!

See this thread. Unlikely you will see any LTE stuff on your G2 yet from all accounts but in reality what speedtest are you getting? From deepest darkest Berkshire I am getting OK results for 3G

workoutas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Map shows that my home in Croydon are covered. Moreover, every day I'm travelling to London centre, near Oxford circus.

GalaxySIIII
Old
(Last edited by GalaxySIIII; 5th February 2014 at 09:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Map shows that my home in Croydon are covered. Moreover, every day I'm travelling to London centre, near Oxford circus.

check notice under pink 4G data writting.. they scrapped their 4G and they gonna be powered by EE : http://www.gsmarena.com/ee_and_three...-news-7726.php

Vivo X3S (mine)
LG F320S (SOLD!)
LG F180S (GF's)
SmartAss®