Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] com.android.phone Crahes (VZW G2 - CM11 03/08 Snapshot)

OP EtherBoo

9th March 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

291 posts
Hi All,
I'm having an issue with my G2. I've been running the CM11 nightlies for a while now, they've been pretty decent.

I decided to flash the newest Snapshot today when I saw it pop up on my update list. As soon as I booted, I got the error "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped".

This happened yesterday, so I booted into recovery, cleared cash, reinstalled the rom, cleared cache again, reinstalled gapps, cleared cache again, and it worked. Now I'm not getting so lucky. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm really hoping this isn't going to be an issue with every CM nightly moving forward.

The best solution I could find seems to be specific to HTC phones, which involves reinstalling the boot.img. I don't think that applies to us, but if it does, how can I do that.

Thanks for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to EtherBoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102

524 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherBoo

Hi All,
I'm having an issue with my G2. I've been running the CM11 nightlies for a while now, they've been pretty decent.

I decided to flash the newest Snapshot today when I saw it pop up on my update list. As soon as I booted, I got the error "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped".

This happened yesterday, so I booted into recovery, cleared cash, reinstalled the rom, cleared cache again, reinstalled gapps, cleared cache again, and it worked. Now I'm not getting so lucky. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm really hoping this isn't going to be an issue with every CM nightly moving forward.

The best solution I could find seems to be specific to HTC phones, which involves reinstalling the boot.img. I don't think that applies to us, but if it does, how can I do that.

Thanks for your help.

You've done a clean flash? Meaning you wiped Dalvik, Cache, System, Factory reset? I usually erase twice and then install CM and then GAPPS then restart the phone (Don't install custom kernel) some custom kernels are having trouble because looks like they updates some things in their kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxrichievxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

291 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrichievxxx

You've done a clean flash? Meaning you wiped Dalvik, Cache, System, Factory reset? I usually erase twice and then install CM and then GAPPS then restart the phone (Don't install custom kernel) some custom kernels are having trouble because looks like they updates some things in their kernels.

Thank you.

After some more digging, I had the idea to check the development thread of the CM ROM here. Apparently, a few other users have had the same issue.

It turns out, the newest version of CM needs to be cleanly installed, a dirty flash won't work. I just did a wipe and it's now downloading all my apps and reinstalling.

*sigh* such a pain, but whatever. Could be worse.
9th March 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102

524 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherBoo

Thank you.

After some more digging, I had the idea to check the development thread of the CM ROM here. Apparently, a few other users have had the same issue.

It turns out, the newest version of CM needs to be cleanly installed, a dirty flash won't work. I just did a wipe and it's now downloading all my apps and reinstalling.

*sigh* such a pain, but whatever. Could be worse.

Yeah it can be such a pain, I flashed nightlies when they sounded like they fixed an important issue (it'd be every other day) and I flashed clean all the time. Now im just going to stick to CM11 M4 until the next milestone.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxrichievxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

194 posts
Donate to Me
More
try changin network type to GLOBAL.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread