Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] how to free more ram

OP pradatta

19th May 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
hi everyone i want to know how to free more ram in stock rom when i restart its almost 700mb ram usage and after normal use its goes to 1200mb but i want free memory like my nexus 4 which use ram 350mb to 700mb max please help me guys
19th May 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #2  
kentexcitebot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradatta

hi everyone i want to know how to free more ram in stock rom when i restart its almost 700mb ram usage and after normal use its goes to 1200mb but i want free memory like my nexus 4 which use ram 350mb to 700mb max please help me guys

My RAM usage is about that high, 700mb. But since the Z1 has about 1.6 gb of RAM, you shouldn't really worry. If it does get to the point where apps stop working or services become unresponsive, restart the phone or kill the app that's using the RAM. I believe when your RAM usage is about 1.5 GB it starts becoming a bit unresponsive.

Nexus uses less RAM because it only has stock apps. Sony has their own software running in the background along with some of Google's apps.
Last edited by kentexcitebot; 19th May 2014 at 09:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kentexcitebot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot

My RAM usage is about that high, 700mb. But since the Z1 has about 1.6 gb of RAM, you shouldn't really worry. If it does get to the point where apps stop working or services become unresponsive, restart the phone or kill the app that's using the RAM. I believe when your RAM usage is about 1.5 GB it starts becoming a bit unresponsive.

ya actually u r right but this is not related mobile lag or hang i just want my mobile should use less ram so i m searching for that kind of answer any way u really help me with ur fast reply thanks
20th May 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #4  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
You have to be rooted and delete all the unnecessary application which working in background.
20th May 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

You have to be rooted and delete all the unnecessary application which working in background.

i have rooted device and how to know which app i should delete from background ?
20th May 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #6  
xXFlippyXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradatta

ya actually u r right but this is not related mobile lag or hang i just want my mobile should use less ram so i m searching for that kind of answer any way u really help me with ur fast reply thanks

That doesn't makes sense. As long as your device isn't unresponsive or laggy you shouldn't bother about RAM-Usage. Android handles your available Memory quite well.

Try looking at it like this:

There isn't any use in having more and more RAM, if people on the other hand go and try to keep the RAM-usage low. As long as you don't have problems (lags or such) having free RAM is just eyecandy.

Additionally:

For every app killed, Android needs to load it from storage the next time, resulting in more battery drain than just letting it idle in memory
20th May 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFlippyXx

That doesn't makes sense. As long as your device isn't unresponsive or laggy you shouldn't bother about RAM-Usage. Android handles your available Memory quite well.

Try looking at it like this:

There isn't any use in having more and more RAM, if people on the other hand go and try to keep the RAM-usage low. As long as you don't have problems (lags or such) having free RAM is just eyecandy.

Additionally:

For every app killed, Android needs to load it from storage the next time, resulting in more battery drain than just letting it idle in memory

ohh thanks reply and and suggestions
20th May 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #8  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradatta

i have rooted device and how to know which app i should delete from background ?


It's a kind of thread like this one for Arc
but for Z1 somewhere, I remember a saw that thread with a list of apps to uninstall, search for it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes