Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to free more ram

Tip us?

pradatta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] how to free more ram

hi everyone i want to know how to free more ram in stock rom when i restart its almost 700mb ram usage and after normal use its goes to 1200mb but i want free memory like my nexus 4 which use ram 350mb to 700mb max please help me guys

kentexcitebot
Old
(Last edited by kentexcitebot; 19th May 2014 at 08:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradatta View Post
hi everyone i want to know how to free more ram in stock rom when i restart its almost 700mb ram usage and after normal use its goes to 1200mb but i want free memory like my nexus 4 which use ram 350mb to 700mb max please help me guys
My RAM usage is about that high, 700mb. But since the Z1 has about 1.6 gb of RAM, you shouldn't really worry. If it does get to the point where apps stop working or services become unresponsive, restart the phone or kill the app that's using the RAM. I believe when your RAM usage is about 1.5 GB it starts becoming a bit unresponsive.

Nexus uses less RAM because it only has stock apps. Sony has their own software running in the background along with some of Google's apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to kentexcitebot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pradatta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot View Post
My RAM usage is about that high, 700mb. But since the Z1 has about 1.6 gb of RAM, you shouldn't really worry. If it does get to the point where apps stop working or services become unresponsive, restart the phone or kill the app that's using the RAM. I believe when your RAM usage is about 1.5 GB it starts becoming a bit unresponsive.
ya actually u r right but this is not related mobile lag or hang i just want my mobile should use less ram so i m searching for that kind of answer any way u really help me with ur fast reply thanks

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
You have to be rooted and delete all the unnecessary application which working in background.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

pradatta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
You have to be rooted and delete all the unnecessary application which working in background.
i have rooted device and how to know which app i should delete from background ?

xXFlippyXx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
ya actually u r right but this is not related mobile lag or hang i just want my mobile should use less ram so i m searching for that kind of answer any way u really help me with ur fast reply thanks
That doesn't makes sense. As long as your device isn't unresponsive or laggy you shouldn't bother about RAM-Usage. Android handles your available Memory quite well.

Try looking at it like this:

There isn't any use in having more and more RAM, if people on the other hand go and try to keep the RAM-usage low. As long as you don't have problems (lags or such) having free RAM is just eyecandy.

Additionally:

For every app killed, Android needs to load it from storage the next time, resulting in more battery drain than just letting it idle in memory

pradatta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFlippyXx View Post
That doesn't makes sense. As long as your device isn't unresponsive or laggy you shouldn't bother about RAM-Usage. Android handles your available Memory quite well.

Try looking at it like this:

There isn't any use in having more and more RAM, if people on the other hand go and try to keep the RAM-usage low. As long as you don't have problems (lags or such) having free RAM is just eyecandy.

Additionally:

For every app killed, Android needs to load it from storage the next time, resulting in more battery drain than just letting it idle in memory
ohh thanks reply and and suggestions

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
i have rooted device and how to know which app i should delete from background ?

It's a kind of thread like this one for Arc
but for Z1 somewhere, I remember a saw that thread with a list of apps to uninstall, search for it.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4