Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need custom recovery in stock 4.4.2 rooted

Tip us?

docmarioce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default need custom recovery in stock 4.4.2 rooted

Hi guys

I just got my Verizon G2 2days ago and was able to root but all the threads that I find are confusing. I need a custom recovery to start flashing ROMS but don't know what to install. I have searched. How can I install TWRP 2.7.0.0?

Thanks

Mario

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 748

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarioce View Post
Hi guys

I just got my Verizon G2 2days ago and was able to root but all the threads that I find are confusing. I need a custom recovery to start flashing ROMS but don't know what to install. I have searched. How can I install TWRP 2.7.0.0?

Thanks

Mario
Autorec, look for it in the G2 Dev section.
Matt
LG G2 - Back to stock while I wait for a replacement, bitten by the black line bug...
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjones73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

docmarioce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
Autorec, look for it in the G2 Dev section.
Excellent! Thank you very much. Did my first nandroid backup and here I go XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.1.1 !!!!

Thanks again

Mario

docmarioce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Other question how do I know if I have a full 24A bootstack already. I got the phone 3 days ago. I installed the 4.4.2 update (2 updates) and then I rooted and installed the last recovery. I am ready for flashing but I don't know if I have 24A bootstack. Can anybody clarify? I am new to LG world coming from the Galaxy S4, S5 and then HTC One M8. I am liking better the LG G2.

Thanks

Mario

JRJ442
Old
(Last edited by JRJ442; 17th May 2014 at 05:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1110

DONATE TO ME
If you took the OTA to 4.4.2 you're on the 24A bootstack. You're all set. When you start flashing ROMs be sure they are for 24A before you flash. If they're not they won't boot without the 12B radios.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRJ442 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

docmarioce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Great! I can't wait to start flashing. Thanks! Any recommendations on ROMs?. I like stock look but is a little slow. I guess if I have the same system just faster I would be happy.

Thanks again. Enjoying my new forum and phone so far.

Best

Mario

JRJ442
Old
Thanks Meter 1110

DONATE TO ME
For 24A we have the stock based ROMs. Like Malladus, Cloudy and a few others. AOSP for 24A is currently Carbon, there's a CM11 build for 24A in the VZW development section. C-Rom, Resurrection Remix and Mahdi. Which I highly recommend, so much closer to AOSP than CM and the others as dr87 pulls in stuff from the N5 to make our G2 as awesome as possible. Personally its my favorite. I'd keep an eye on the thread and wait til the next build for that one though. Should be coming soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRJ442 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

docmarioce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442 View Post
For 24A we have the stock based ROMs. Like Malladus, Cloudy and a few others. AOSP for 24A is currently Carbon, there's a CM11 build for 24A in the VZW development section. C-Rom, Resurrection Remix and Mahdi. Which I highly recommend, so much closer to AOSP than CM and the others as dr87 pulls in stuff from the N5 to make our G2 as awesome as possible. Personally its my favorite. I'd keep an eye on the thread and wait til the next build for that one though. Should be coming soon.
Good info to start. I have work to do now. Will be around for a while. Thanks!!

The Following User Says Thank You to docmarioce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]