Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Apex / TMAX AP-7S118 Tablet Rooting

Tip us?

DetroitCityG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Apex / TMAX AP-7S118 Tablet Rooting

Hello All,

Looking for help rooting an APEX 7 inch tablet.
specs

1.2ghz A8 arm
4gb memory split between internal and internal sd
external sd slot

I downloaded and tried to root this tablet manually by downloading and pushing over the superuser.ap and su binary. Push worked ok with no errors and I am able to get su user access through adb shell. But when trying titanium back up or any other method to test root on the device it always fails. I have the following information from srs one click root.

-= SRS One-Click-Root v4.7 =---

11:11:28 PM - Starting ADB Server..
11:11:33 PM - Manufacturer: unknown
11:11:33 PM - Model: AP-7S118
11:11:33 PM - Android Version: 4.2.2
11:11:33 PM - Build ID: A13_86VS_M758C1_1305294.20130530
11:11:33 PM - Board ID: nuclear
11:11:33 PM - Chipset Platform: exDroid
11:11:33 PM - Getting OffSets.. : 0x8003 0x8005 (False)
11:11:34 PM - Checking Shell Root access: True
11:11:34 PM - Checking Root access: True

[x] Device already have SU Root access, Rooting not needed.

Says it is rooted, I have root access through adb shell. gets toast notification that root has superuser access. just the device itself doesnt recognize root. I have tried unrooting and rooting again. and am now in the process of trying different versions of su binary and superuser.apk.

is there a way to fix this or can anyone recommend a already rooted rom that would be good for this tablet.

krayzieiyian23
Old
(Last edited by krayzieiyian23; 30th November 2013 at 04:37 PM.) Reason: more info
Thanks Meter 1
Having the same issue too, but I went a little deeper and found that the ttablet has a legacy such binary in its system. I tried updating it and the update fixer and neither work so I downloaded the such binary from androids.com and installed from recovery and still the same issue. I think there has to be a file that pairs it to the system so we can grant or deny access. I just bought 2of these so I'll try different root methods for 4.2.2 to see if I can get something k.

ok i found a full root... search for a phone root in the samsung galaxy s 3 mini thread. its for the sm-g730a root.( i have one of the phones and its a chinese root). when u root it by that way make sure you have super su already installed and click the chinese root first and allow supersu to gain root access then update the binary on supersu and voila you have a rooted apex 7in tablet. now time to debloat my system and hopefully someone will make a recovery and rom for this tablet

Zaldor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the tmax 9in tablet, anyone have any luck rooting this? What I really want to be able to do is make more space avail to apps, it only has one gig of space for apps and data, but has plenty of space on SD card... Unfortunately can't move all apps to the SD card

Sent from my TM9S775 using XDA Premium HD app

jrswab
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaldor View Post
I have the tmax 9in tablet, anyone have any luck rooting this? What I really want to be able to do is make more space avail to apps, it only has one gig of space for apps and data, but has plenty of space on SD card... Unfortunately can't move all apps to the SD card

Sent from my TM9S775 using XDA Premium HD app
I have been looking for a root method for this tablet as well, nothing has been found that I trust except what is mentioned above. I have not tried it since the tablet is my sisters and don't want to break it if the method does not work.

boardwalkbum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted TM9S775

I managed to root my tablet with motochopper. It works and gives SU access, but it still won't allow installs to the external SD. Been spending all week trying to figure out different ways to expand the memory to no avail. =T

boardwalkbum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I managed to alter the vold.fstab file to switch the external sd with the internal sd. Haven't really done much other than check the settings/storage tab. I'll try to do more with the tab to see if anything wrong comes up. If it's good then I'll probably post it somewhere on here.

Zaldor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Boardwalk, did you root the 9in HD-G?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

boardwalkbum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaldor View Post
Boardwalk, did you root the 9in HD-G?
Yeah. I used motochopper to do it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2228613

Still haven't been able to switch the sd cards though. The vold.fstab edit I did switches the sd cards, but it if I turn off or reboot the tablet, anything installed to the sd card won't run. I've been asking people around here but no help so far.

boardwalkbum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So... anybody with the 9 inch tab... Would it be possible to back a backup of your rom and send it to me? I kinda messed up and now i need a stock rom >.>

MUSE_iC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardwalkbum View Post
So... anybody with the 9 inch tab... Would it be possible to back a backup of your rom and send it to me? I kinda messed up and now i need a stock rom >.>
I might be able to help out since i have the same tablet but motochopper isnt working for me. I launch it and it just stops here.
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .[*][*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

I have the tablet set to USB Debugging is there something else I should do? Ive noticed the console says I need the USB drivers but I have yet to find any for this tablet.