Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Z2 new update 17.1.A.2.69 causing unroot?

OP khumash

18th May 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
My Z2 is rooted. Today popped up a notification says "new update 17.1.A.2.69 available", asking me to connect to PC to proceed the update. I was wondering is the new update going to unroot my phone? Should I not install the updates? Thanks.
18th May 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,447

3,317 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash

My Z2 is rooted. Today popped up a notification says "new update 17.1.A.2.69 available", asking me to connect to PC to proceed the update. I was wondering is the new update going to unroot my phone? Should I not install the updates? Thanks.

Yes it will unroot but your superSu or superuser app should have a OTA survival option, click it and try updating as root will attempt to "survive the update" it doesent always work so i dont recomend trying it

If not you can always reroot, it isn't too hard
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,333

4,280 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash

I only know that usually updating from Sony PC Companion will download the whole firmware,so it's going to wipe your system,and the root will be gone,but you still can root it.
Your internal storage won't be wiped.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z using XDA Premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread