So confirmed Root is here presented by @cybojenix
I am making the thread only for making it Noob friendly, and making the instructions bit more detailed!
All credit goes to @cybojenix
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
- Download mfastboot-v2 extract its content and use that for unlocking Bootloader
- Unlock your bootloader From Here
- Unlocking bootloader will wipe your device, Backup your photos, music, contacts using applications in play store or whichvere method you prefer
- The motorola site tells us to download the android SDK, You can skip that big download and use the fastboot in step 1
- Follow the further steps given on motorola's site, After clicking on Request an Unlock Key, You will get an email which will consist guideline to proceed further!
- Clicking on Request an Unlock Key is the point where you lose your warranty
- Download The TWRP recovery from here(thread) or here(Goo.im) rename it recovery-twrp.img and move it in the same folder as of step 1
- Download The SuperSU from here(thread) or here(chainfire.eu)() and copy it into the root of your internal memory!
- Connect your phone to PC and Reboot to bootloader by pressing VolumeDown+Power button for about 6-7 seconds.
- Go to the directory in step 1, Do Shift+RightClick in empty space in the folder without selecting anything, Select Open a command window here.
- Run following command Code:
fastboot boot recovery-twrp.img
- Now touch doesn't work in recovery straight away, so wait 60 seconds without touching the phone, The phone screen will go blank.
- Press power button and do swipe to unlock to get your touch working again!
As Motorola released source code for the kernel, @cybojenix has fixed the touch issue, you can skip to step 10 directly!
- Select Install, scroll down and find the SuperSU Zip downloaded in step 4.
- Swipe to confirm, wait untill the flash is complete and then select reboot, to boot into your phone which is rooted now
- Check your app drawer, There should be SuperSU installed. Congratulations you are rooted!
- Downloading things from the thread link is a better option as the hotlinks may get outdated, Thread links will not!
- If you want to install twrp rather then just booting into it for once, you can use following command to flash it permanently
fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp.img
- If stuck on Boot Logo of Motorola (blue M), @JerryGoyal has provided a Thread Here to solve the problem using CWM instead of TWRP.
- According to the method you can download CWM and Rename it to recovery-cwm.img in place of TWRP in step 3. Execute other steps the same
- And in step 7 Replace the given code with Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm.img
- In CWM Touch doesn't Work to scroll Use Volume Buttons and Use Power Button to select the choice
- in Step 10 you would select Install from sdcard
- If you do something wrong and stuck somewhere, The stock firmwares are available for restoring.
[Condor][Stock Firmware] Restore your Moto E to Stock[Lock Bootloader][Noob Friendly]
Reply if any issues! I'll try my best to help!