[ROM] SlimFast 4.4 TW v-4

Search This thread

Mikekelso421

This ROM is based off of the official N-7105 KitKat 4.4.2 Update

ROM Features

-Deodexed
-Shows LTE instead of 4G
-S5 Style Quick-Settings
-S5 Style Settings w/ 3 different layout options (Flashable zip back to stock post 2)
-Build.prop tweaks for better performance and better battery life
-Debloated and slimmed down
-Latest version of Xposed-framework & Wanam Xposed
-Latest version of VIPER4AndroidFX app
-S-Voice,YouTube and Extra apps installed to Data/App for easy removal if user has no need for them
- Read Changelog under ROM updates for future updates
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~UPDATES~

Note: I will be keeping all versions of my roms separate in THIS thread. Im doing this for a couple reasons. The first is because OG Slimfast is aimed at stock/slim/fast. So everything after v-1 is not considered to be as stable since im starting to add different things that MAY break other functions. Also so everyone has access to whichever version works best for them.

SlimFast v-2

Whats New (5-21-14)

-S5 - AccuWeather Widget (option for transparency level in widget settings)
-S5-Boot Animation
-S5-MMS
-S5-E-mail
-S5-MyFiles
-S5-Snote
-S5-S-Voice
-S5-Scrapbook
-S5-TWLauncher (with option to hide apps AND theme support!! Included a couple theme apks)
-S5- Keyboard (working swipe & auto correct)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SlimFast v-3

Whats New (5-24-14)

-S5 Music Player
- Added Samsung App Store (for app update support)
- Added Sketchbook For Galaxy
- Added Google Search (Velvet.apk Fixes No Mic on keyboard)

-Tweaks-
- Smoother Scrolling
- Faster Screen On/Off In Call
- Purgeable Assets To Free More RAM
- Liquid Smooth UI
- Disabled Logger
- Battery Saving Tweaks (better sleep)
- Better Signal Tweaks
- Net and WIFI Speed Tweaks
- Graphics Performance Tweaks
- Media Quality Improvements
- Dalvik Tweaks
- Maybe More (cant keep track of everything)

SlimFast v-4

Whats New (5-31-14)

-Added AOSP icons to SystemUI (e.g. alarm,lte,QS icons etc)
-Fixed write to Ext SD problem system wide
-Added Advanced Reboot Mod
-Enabled hidden widgets in settings.apk (driving mode,negative colors,power widget,hotspot toggle)
-Rasied User dictionary from 48 to 100
-Reduced text size of battery percentage in statusbar (looks better)
- hellifiknow
Bugs & Special Notes

May get signal drops.
Fix- Download Network Signal Speed Booster. Run it and once its finished you shouldnt have anymore signal drops. ive tested this for the past 3 or 4 days with no issues.

Need to setup AT&T/T-Mobile/ect APN settings
Fix- Change Cingular APN in Network Settings to AT&T or whatever carrier your usings APN for working MMS and LTE (AT&T APN Below)

S5 Email app custom notification not working
fix- ??? (havent figured out a fix yet. you can always download another email app from the play store if this bug is a deal breaker)

How To Properly Setup ROM

1.Download ROM AND SU-v1.94
2.Copy files to SD
3.Boot into recovery mode (I suggest philz touch CWM found HERE
4.WIPE EVERYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR SD CARDS
5.Flash ROM
6.Reboot to system
7.Run through setup wizard and Change APN settings
8.Reboot to recovery and flash SU-v1.93 (other Add-ons if you want but SU first)
9.Reboot System
10.Setup X-posed Framework
11.Reboot One Last Time
12.Enjoy

Download Links

SlimFast 4.4 TW-V1
SlimFast 4.4 TW-V2
SlimFast 4.4 TW-V3
SlimFast 4.4 TW-V4

Su-v1.94

Special Thanks

@eZdubzitmk4 for the Base used in this ROM! Thanks for the work brother!
@Mr.Bola for porting the S5 apps to the note2 family! Without him, this rom wouldnt exist! Respect
Go to his thread and give him a thanks and download his working S5 VRT Theme and various other ported S5 apps (some arent working on our device) PORTED S5 APPS LINK
Samsung for providing the Update

AT&T APN SETTINGS

Name: ATT Phone
APN: Phone
MMSC: HTTP://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Last edited:

Mikekelso421

Last edited:

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Hey bud just popping in

Good job on the rom. I know your new so just to help in the future, always ask permission for the base you use. I see the credit and that's perfect but you also should of PMed me first asking.

I don't mind at all tho its cool, I'm glad we have another rom for the users. Good job man.

eZ

Sent from my NoteII

Mikekelso421

Hey bud just popping in

Good job on the rom. I know your new so just to help in the future, always ask permission for the base you use. I see the credit and that's perfect but you also should of PMed me first asking.

I don't mind at all tho its cool, I'm glad we have another rom for the users. Good job man.

eZ

Sent from my NoteII

Will do. And thanks again for the base! ?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hognogger

Mikekelso421

Can I flash this on my N7105? And which Boot loader does this use?

I believe this should work on almost all model note 2's. Not sure what boot loader this needs but I can tell you I haven't updated mine. The only thing I did was update to the latest philZ CWM recovery. Flashes and works perfectly.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShahinTehShiz

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hey bud just popping in

eZ

Sent from my NoteII

Thank you Sir!

Judgment is Near....

Dean1650

Dec 11, 2012
Webster
Very, very nice. I believe everything I use is working great. It appears to be much faster than 4.3 Thanks for a job well done.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Mikekelso421

Dean1650

Dec 11, 2012
Webster
I tried a few browsers. Didn't work.. Used my pc and worked just fine

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This ROM is based off of the official N-7105 KitKat 4.4.2 Update

ROM Features

-Deodexed
    -Shows LTE instead of 4G
    -S5 Style Quick-Settings
    -S5 Style Settings w/ 3 different layout options (Flashable zip back to stock post 2)
    -Build.prop tweaks for better performance and better battery life
    -Debloated and slimmed down
    -Latest version of Xposed-framework & Wanam Xposed
    -Latest version of VIPER4AndroidFX app
    -S-Voice,YouTube and Extra apps installed to Data/App for easy removal if user has no need for them
    - Read Changelog under ROM updates for future updates

~UPDATES~

Note: I will be keeping all versions of my roms separate in THIS thread. Im doing this for a couple reasons. The first is because OG Slimfast is aimed at stock/slim/fast. So everything after v-1 is not considered to be as stable since im starting to add different things that MAY break other functions. Also so everyone has access to whichever version works best for them.

SlimFast v-2

Whats New (5-21-14)

-S5 - AccuWeather Widget (option for transparency level in widget settings)
    -S5-Boot Animation
    -S5-MMS
    -S5-E-mail
    -S5-MyFiles
    -S5-Snote
    -S5-S-Voice
    -S5-Scrapbook
    -S5-TWLauncher (with option to hide apps AND theme support!! Included a couple theme apks)
    -S5- Keyboard (working swipe & auto correct)

SlimFast v-3

Whats New (5-24-14)

-S5 Music Player
    - Added Samsung App Store (for app update support)
    - Added Sketchbook For Galaxy
    - Added Google Search (Velvet.apk Fixes No Mic on keyboard)

-Tweaks-
    - Smoother Scrolling
    - Faster Screen On/Off In Call
    - Purgeable Assets To Free More RAM
    - Liquid Smooth UI
    - Disabled Logger
    - Battery Saving Tweaks (better sleep)
    - Better Signal Tweaks
    - Net and WIFI Speed Tweaks
    - Graphics Performance Tweaks
    - Media Quality Improvements
    - Dalvik Tweaks
    - Maybe More (cant keep track of everything)

SlimFast v-4

Whats New (5-31-14)

-Added AOSP icons to SystemUI (e.g. alarm,lte,QS icons etc)
    -Fixed write to Ext SD problem system wide
    -Added Advanced Reboot Mod
    -Enabled hidden widgets in settings.apk (driving mode,negative colors,power widget,hotspot toggle)
    -Rasied User dictionary from 48 to 100
    -Reduced text size of battery percentage in statusbar (looks better)
    - hellifiknow
    Bugs & Special Notes

May get signal drops.
    Fix- Download Network Signal Speed Booster. Run it and once its finished you shouldnt have anymore signal drops. ive tested this for the past 3 or 4 days with no issues.

Need to setup AT&T/T-Mobile/ect APN settings
    Fix- Change Cingular APN in Network Settings to AT&T or whatever carrier your usings APN for working MMS and LTE (AT&T APN Below)

S5 Email app custom notification not working
    fix- ??? (havent figured out a fix yet. you can always download another email app from the play store if this bug is a deal breaker)

How To Properly Setup ROM

1.Download ROM AND SU-v1.94
    2.Copy files to SD
    3.Boot into recovery mode (I suggest philz touch CWM found HERE
    4.WIPE EVERYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR SD CARDS
    5.Flash ROM
    6.Reboot to system
    7.Run through setup wizard and Change APN settings
    8.Reboot to recovery and flash SU-v1.93 (other Add-ons if you want but SU first)
    9.Reboot System
    10.Setup X-posed Framework
    11.Reboot One Last Time
    12.Enjoy

Download Links

SlimFast 4.4 TW-V1
    SlimFast 4.4 TW-V2
    SlimFast 4.4 TW-V3
    SlimFast 4.4 TW-V4

Su-v1.94

Special Thanks

@eZdubzitmk4 for the Base used in this ROM! Thanks for the work brother!
    @Mr.Bola for porting the S5 apps to the note2 family! Without him, this rom wouldnt exist! Respect
    Go to his thread and give him a thanks and download his working S5 VRT Theme and various other ported S5 apps (some arent working on our device) PORTED S5 APPS LINK
    Samsung for providing the Update

AT&T APN SETTINGS

Name: ATT Phone
    APN: Phone
    MMSC: HTTP://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN type: default,mms,supl
    APN protocol: IPv4
    Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
    Bearer: Unspecified
    -Add-Ons-

Lenova Camera- https://www.copy.com/s/fkyLEg9b8nTVgVd
    (Thanks to @1drummernamedmarcus for the find and link)

My S5 Theme- VRTheme_Framework_Contacts_Dialer Download (Based Off Mr. Bolas S5 Theme with some add ins from myself)

Stock Settings with widgets (for those who need Spen settings)

S5-TWLauncher 4x5 with 6 icon Hotseat

My Wallpaper Collection (just extract zip to SD Card and Enjoy)- MikeKelso421 Wallpaper Pack (Over 100 Wallpapers)
    Hey bud just popping in

eZ

Sent from my NoteII
    We are getting very close. N3 features are working awesome

Sent from my NoteII
    So let me make a couple statements.

1. None of my ROMS contain a virus AND THEYRE NOT sending your info to the NSA or wherever you think they're being sent to.

2. I haven't been responding much because I've been working a lot and I've also been working on trying to compile cm11 with linaro and its taking up all my free time.

3. There are plenty of knowledgeable members following this thread that can help you with most of your issues if you ask nicely enough ?

4. This ROM is stable enough for daily use. Myself and plenty of other users have had little to no issues with this ROM. If you are having issues, more than likely you need to redownload the ROM and make sure the file size matches to what mediafire is saying it is. Completely wipe everything except your SD's and flash again.

5. If anyone have any xp building AOSP source and using linaro cross compiler please pm me as I am running into a couple error I can't find or figure out fixes for. Thanks guys ☺