Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Help with Timur USB ROM

OP captainmorgan000

25th December 2013, 12:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
I'm getting the following error when trying to flash the USB ROM with TWRP:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "grouper" getprop("ro.build.pr
E: Error execuiting binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper
Error flashing zip ' /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip'

I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (WIFI only).
The Android Version is 4.2.2 (It came with 4.3, but I downgraded).
The Kernel version is:
3.1.10-g05b777c
android-build@vpb21.mtv.corp.google.com #1
Thu Nov 29 10:35:37 PST 2012

Build Number: JDQ39

Can anyone help me?
25th December 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #2  
darkmage1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmorgan000

I'm getting the following error when trying to flash the USB ROM with TWRP:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "grouper" getprop("ro.build.pr
E: Error execuiting binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper
Error flashing zip ' /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip'

I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (WIFI only).
The Android Version is 4.2.2 (It came with 4.3, but I downgraded).
The Kernel version is:
3.1.10-g05b777c
android-build@vpb21.mtv.corp.google.com #1
Thu Nov 29 10:35:37 PST 2012

Build Number: JDQ39

Can anyone help me?

your for sure its the 2012 model right... that error is saying you dont have the grouper tablet. grouper is the code name for the 2012 tablet. if your right and its the 2012 model than. i have heard of a zip being corrupt and throw that error. if thats so try redownloading the zip file. or just check the md5.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

if the md5 checks out or you re downloaded the rom and it still brings that error you can always do this but be sure your tablet is the correct tablet. deleting this line will allow the rom to be installed on any device without checks.

the credit for these instructions go to sammyz on android central
You do this with 7-Zip/WinRAR

Note: DO NOT EXTRACT ROM!
In the ROM go to:

/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

1)Open updater-script with a script editor such as notepad/notepad++ (makes things 10x easier), or gedit if you use linux

2)Delete the first line of code (all the way up to the first semicolon you see) and delete the first semi-colon as well

Do not go past the first semiclon when deleteing and DO NOT forget to delete the first semicolon.
Last edited by darkmage1991; 25th December 2013 at 02:20 AM.
1st March 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmorgan000

I'm getting the following error when trying to flash the USB ROM with TWRP:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "grouper" getprop("ro.build.pr
E: Error execuiting binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper
Error flashing zip ' /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip'

I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (WIFI only).
The Android Version is 4.2.2 (It came with 4.3, but I downgraded).
The Kernel version is:
3.1.10-g05b777c
android-build@vpb21.mtv.corp.google.com #1
Thu Nov 29 10:35:37 PST 2012

Build Number: JDQ39

Can anyone help me?

I was having the same problem. The problem was with TWRP 2.6.3.1. I installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and everything ran smoothly. You can download that version from here:

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/grouper
5th March 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cday119

I was having the same problem. The problem was with TWRP 2.6.3.1. I installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and everything ran smoothly. You can download that version from here:

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/grouper

I can confirm I had this same problem and downgrading to 2.6.3.0 worked, Thank you!
21st May 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cday119

I can confirm I had this same problem and downgrading to 2.6.3.0 worked, Thank you!

How do you downgrade? The tablet will not boot after attempting to installl USBrom and failed with 2.6.3.1!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes