Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Back plate

Tip us?

ATGkompressor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default (Q) Back plate

When going through airport security has anyone ran into an issue with getting their phone taken apart? It's just where I've dropped it so many times the back plate is hard to stay on because alot of the little clips are broken...causes my battery to become dislodged resulting in random reboots.

Sent from an Allied Galaxy not so far away.....

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGkompressor View Post
When going through airport security has anyone ran into an issue with getting their phone taken apart? It's just where I've dropped it so many times the back plate is hard to stay on because alot of the little clips are broken...causes my battery to become dislodged resulting in random reboots.

I've been through several flights since I've had my S3 and they have never had me take apart my phone. I don't keep it on my person when I'm going through airport security though. Can't say I've had to take apart anything electronic through 4-5 roundtrip flights.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

ATGkompressor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
I've been through several flights since I've had my S3 and they have never had me take apart my phone. I don't keep it on my person when I'm going through airport security though. Can't say I've had to take apart anything electronic through 4-5 roundtrip flights.
So just put it in a carry on?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGkompressor View Post
So just put it in a carry on?

Yes indeed. Makes the whole "empty your pockets" routine incredibly simple. The only item I have had to present is my laptop, but everyone has to remove it from the case and backpack. I've flown international a couple times and domestic, and going back to my last phone, I have flown way more and never had to take apart my cell. I don't think I've seen anyone do so either. But anyway, that's my suggestion if this keeps occurring to you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable