No sound on S4

OP neil7398

14th May 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Hello all,

Recently I have been trying to no avail to flash a rooted version of Kit Kat on my S4. I finally was able to get back to MK2 but I ended up not having any sound and my phone would not work. I took the update from AT&T and that upgraded me to 4.4.2 and got my sound back.

What do you think caused me to lose my sound and phone use? Did I flash an incorrect file?
15th May 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil7398

Hello all,

Recently I have been trying to no avail to flash a rooted version of Kit Kat on my S4. I finally was able to get back to MK2 but I ended up not having any sound and my phone would not work. I took the update from AT&T and that upgraded me to 4.4.2 and got my sound back.

What do you think caused me to lose my sound and phone use? Did I flash an incorrect file?

You probably flashed the MK2 modem and NON-HLOS file. It is known that this kills sound, that's why the specific downgrade method doesn't use the ODIN CP file which contains them.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

You probably flashed the MK2 modem and NON-HLOS file. It is known that this kills sound, that's why the specific downgrade method doesn't use the ODIN CP file which contains them.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

Hi guys.
I got the same problem here. I flashed the Wifi and i lost the audio on my s4. How do you recover from this and get the audio back ???
Thanks
20th May 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karim8888

Hi guys.
I got the same problem here. I flashed the Wifi and i lost the audio on my s4. How do you recover from this and get the audio back ???
Thanks

You have to keep the NB1 modem and NON-HLOS files and use bypasslkm to get WiFi after downgrading.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread