Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Cool PrePaid Network's APN Setting's

OP norman68

29th March 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Harrison , Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 5

54 posts
More
Hi Guy's , was just sharing a bit of testing I have been doing for a while now using prepaid network's on the At&t Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH_i727. I have tried H20 , net10 , Red Pocket and a few more running 4.2.1 jellybean , 4.0.4 ICS , and 2.3.6 Gingerbread. All of the APN setting's was slow and unresponsive on 4.2.1 jellybean and 4.0.4 ICS , time's ranging from one minute to five minutes and sometime's never sent at all. But 2.3.6 was a totally different ballgame , on every prepaid network I sent mms messaging it was blazing fast with no hang up's or glitches. So if anyone has any question's or need's any help with apn setting's just hit me up or leave comment's down below. i have almost every prepaid apn down and still have a few to check out and see how they function on updated rom's. Thank's for your time guy's and if there is anyway I can help you guy's hit me up.
12th May 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
help
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman68

Hi Guy's , was just sharing a bit of testing I have been doing for a while now using prepaid network's on the At&t Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH_i727. I have tried H20 , net10 , Red Pocket and a few more running 4.2.1 jellybean , 4.0.4 ICS , and 2.3.6 Gingerbread. All of the APN setting's was slow and unresponsive on 4.2.1 jellybean and 4.0.4 ICS , time's ranging from one minute to five minutes and sometime's never sent at all. But 2.3.6 was a totally different ballgame , on every prepaid network I sent mms messaging it was blazing fast with no hang up's or glitches. So if anyone has any question's or need's any help with apn setting's just hit me up or leave comment's down below. i have almost every prepaid apn down and still have a few to check out and see how they function on updated rom's. Thank's for your time guy's and if there is anyway I can help you guy's hit me up.

Hey pal, i'm currently using a skyrocket sgh-i727, on att, using as a go phone, can't get data for nothing, any help? Btw, ink currently running 2.3.6 gingerbread. Thanks
12th May 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,515

10,214 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine31

Hey pal, i'm currently using a skyrocket sgh-i727, on att, using as a go phone, can't get data for nothing, any help? Btw, ink currently running 2.3.6 gingerbread. Thanks

You really should update your firmware and radio. Updating the firmware will take care of the radio. See vincom's sticky in the development forum. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29080999

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd May 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Wink wish it was that easy for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You really should update your firmware and radio. Updating the firmware will take care of the radio. See vincom's sticky in the development forum. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29080999

Well, the thing is, I have no way of updating to the jb firmware that's available to me, my windows 7 absolutely will not recognize my phone. Ice tried going through kies, through Odin, I've tried different drivers, otb cables, even took phone apart and cleaned the charge port....I've been on the phone countless of times with Samsung support, and was in best buy talking to there techs but to no avail. Idk if its related but not only is it not discoverable, mobile data still not working, and every time I go to try putting it in download mode, it goes straight into recovery. I Ruth it of, take the battery out, hold down both vol+ and vol-, put battery back in, plug in the usb cord from the computer, still going into recovery and not detected. Sooo I have tried rooting it so I can flash newer roms, but no luck with a wireless rooting method, and no custom recovery equalls no custom rom, so at a loss. Tried framaroot, z4root, gingerbreak, universa androot....still no luck, now, if I can figure out how to install a custom recovery, then I could flash it right after, tried update.zips throbehalf wugh stock recovery, get failed to sign or verify...just canny figure it out and i'm not ready you throw in the towel just yet, another night ahead of scratching my brain...so any input and ANYBODYs behalf would be greatly appreciated and anticipated, thanks gentlemen.
22nd May 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,515

10,214 posts
Sounds like you have a hardware issue which no amount of head scratching is going to cure

22nd May 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,331

3,136 posts
Donate to Me
More
one last thing u can try as i read some users had luck with, a usb jig, it might help u get it into dl mode, theyre cheap so not much too lose
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread