Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PrePaid Network's APN Setting's

Tip us?

norman68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Cool PrePaid Network's APN Setting's

Hi Guy's , was just sharing a bit of testing I have been doing for a while now using prepaid network's on the At&t Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH_i727. I have tried H20 , net10 , Red Pocket and a few more running 4.2.1 jellybean , 4.0.4 ICS , and 2.3.6 Gingerbread. All of the APN setting's was slow and unresponsive on 4.2.1 jellybean and 4.0.4 ICS , time's ranging from one minute to five minutes and sometime's never sent at all. But 2.3.6 was a totally different ballgame , on every prepaid network I sent mms messaging it was blazing fast with no hang up's or glitches. So if anyone has any question's or need's any help with apn setting's just hit me up or leave comment's down below. i have almost every prepaid apn down and still have a few to check out and see how they function on updated rom's. Thank's for your time guy's and if there is anyway I can help you guy's hit me up.

shoeshine31
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman68 View Post
Hi Guy's , was just sharing a bit of testing I have been doing for a while now using prepaid network's on the At&t Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH_i727. I have tried H20 , net10 , Red Pocket and a few more running 4.2.1 jellybean , 4.0.4 ICS , and 2.3.6 Gingerbread. All of the APN setting's was slow and unresponsive on 4.2.1 jellybean and 4.0.4 ICS , time's ranging from one minute to five minutes and sometime's never sent at all. But 2.3.6 was a totally different ballgame , on every prepaid network I sent mms messaging it was blazing fast with no hang up's or glitches. So if anyone has any question's or need's any help with apn setting's just hit me up or leave comment's down below. i have almost every prepaid apn down and still have a few to check out and see how they function on updated rom's. Thank's for your time guy's and if there is anyway I can help you guy's hit me up.
Hey pal, i'm currently using a skyrocket sgh-i727, on att, using as a go phone, can't get data for nothing, any help? Btw, ink currently running 2.3.6 gingerbread. Thanks

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine31 View Post
Hey pal, i'm currently using a skyrocket sgh-i727, on att, using as a go phone, can't get data for nothing, any help? Btw, ink currently running 2.3.6 gingerbread. Thanks
You really should update your firmware and radio. Updating the firmware will take care of the radio. See vincom's sticky in the development forum. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29080999

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

shoeshine31
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink wish it was that easy for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You really should update your firmware and radio. Updating the firmware will take care of the radio. See vincom's sticky in the development forum. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29080999

Well, the thing is, I have no way of updating to the jb firmware that's available to me, my windows 7 absolutely will not recognize my phone. Ice tried going through kies, through Odin, I've tried different drivers, otb cables, even took phone apart and cleaned the charge port....I've been on the phone countless of times with Samsung support, and was in best buy talking to there techs but to no avail. Idk if its related but not only is it not discoverable, mobile data still not working, and every time I go to try putting it in download mode, it goes straight into recovery. I Ruth it of, take the battery out, hold down both vol+ and vol-, put battery back in, plug in the usb cord from the computer, still going into recovery and not detected. Sooo I have tried rooting it so I can flash newer roms, but no luck with a wireless rooting method, and no custom recovery equalls no custom rom, so at a loss. Tried framaroot, z4root, gingerbreak, universa androot....still no luck, now, if I can figure out how to install a custom recovery, then I could flash it right after, tried update.zips throbehalf wugh stock recovery, get failed to sign or verify...just canny figure it out and i'm not ready you throw in the towel just yet, another night ahead of scratching my brain...so any input and ANYBODYs behalf would be greatly appreciated and anticipated, thanks gentlemen.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,209
Sounds like you have a hardware issue which no amount of head scratching is going to cure

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,312

DONATE TO ME
one last thing u can try as i read some users had luck with, a usb jig, it might help u get it into dl mode, theyre cheap so not much too lose

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum