Post Reply

How do I extract ringtones from a Nokia Lumia phone or ROM?

OP oryan_dunn

19th May 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #1  
oryan_dunn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
586 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I've got a Lumia 620 on the crappy aio/cricket carrier that won't update past Amber. I do like a couple of the aio ringtones that I'd like to extract before I flash to one of the EU CV ROMs. I've got the phone with the aio Amber firmware installed as well as the aio Amber ROM from the Nokia Software Suite.
19th May 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,707
 
5,725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
If the ringtones are stored in or under the C:\Windows directory, you can extract them with my webserver app. If not, your odds aren't good since you don't have interop-unlock. You could extract them using JTAG, but that's expensive and tricky.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #3  
oryan_dunn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
586 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

If the ringtones are stored in or under the C:\Windows directory, you can extract them with my webserver app. If not, your odds aren't good since you don't have interop-unlock. You could extract them using JTAG, but that's expensive and tricky.

I presume the webserver app is the one linked I your sig?
7th June 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #4  
oryan_dunn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
586 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I got the webserver app installed and can browse the files under C:\Windows. Now, does anyone have any idea where the ringtones may be stored? Is there any way to search via this webapp file browser?
7th June 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #5  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 960
 
1,474 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oryan_dunn

I got the webserver app installed and can browse the files under C:\Windows. Now, does anyone have any idea where the ringtones may be stored? Is there any way to search via this webapp file browser?

You can also dump a rom and see on "C:\Programs\CommonFiles\Sounds".
Open the .wma and .wva with VLC or WMP.
Last edited by anaheiim; 8th June 2014 at 04:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #6  
oryan_dunn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
586 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

You can also dump a rom and see on "C:\Programs\CommonFiles\Sounds".
Open the .wma and .wva with VLC or WMP.

I do have the .ffu package for the aio ROM from the Nokia Care Suite downloaded. Is there an easy way to dump the contents?

Edit: Found this tool to mount an ffu as a drive
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066903
Last edited by oryan_dunn; 8th June 2014 at 07:12 PM.
8th June 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #7  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 960
 
1,474 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oryan_dunn

I do have the .ffu package for the aio ROM from the Nokia Care Suite downloaded. Is there an easy way to dump the contents?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066903
The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #8  
oryan_dunn's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
586 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066903

Ha, I hadn't refreshed the thread when I edited my post above. Seems to have worked. The sounds are all there.

Thanks so much!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes