Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wiped System Partition need help

Tip us?

tyus2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Wiped System Partition need help

Hey guys,
I installed Cyanogenmod on my Xperia M from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584956
After that I installed Google Apps package. But I accidentally messed something up so I wiped the /system, /cache, /data via CWM recovery and re flashed the ROM. It booted up correctly, but I want to know if my procedure was incorrect or I needed to flash 4.3 firmware first before flashing Cyanogenmod to my device? Its working fine now. I just want to know if Cyanogenmod is independent or if it needs /system from 4.3 stock firmware.
Also, I want to know how to wipe my INTERNAL SD card, the card which isn't removable?
Please reply ASAP.

tyus2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I found the solution.

lanthrax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full What is the solution??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyus2 View Post
I found the solution.

can you please tell us in detail what the solution is??

tyus2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Well, it isn't as complicated as it seems. It turned out I needed to be on stock 4.3 firmware with bootloader unlocked so I would have the correct baseband for Cyanogenmod.
After that, I wiped my /system, /cache, and /data. Then I flashed the Cyanogenmod for my device via the zips and then flashed the GApps from Paranoid Android thread on XDA.
Booted up, first time boot took up long like 4 minutes, everything works fine now, except for the battery. It merely lasts 14 hours, considering it used to last 26-28 hours on official firmware.