[Condor][Guide HowTo] Restore your Moto E to Stock[Lock Bootloader][Noob Friendly]

Search This thread

keshav1996

Jul 10, 2017
Is bootloader relock procedure same as above for moto e3 power also?
Could someone provide a method to relock my bootloader?
PLz

Jvd261995

Dec 17, 2018
Hi, current scenario is like, have a Moto e (1st Gen) device and there was a Lollipop in that, my younger brother tried to degrade the ROM to KitKat.
Yes, here the issue is, he just followed some video and done but current situation is the mobile is not getting booted it give "Fail to validate image" and I tried to put up Lollipop and KitKat ROM but it gives message on CMD as location not found.
- It sometime connects to laptop and some time it just didn't respond? please provide the solution for this as well.
- Think that restoring the partition will fix? if I'm correct please provide with the solution and wrong then suggest me what should be the solution for the same.
Help will be appreciated!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all Condor Owners if you wish to restore your Moto E back to stock then follow the guide, Ask any doubts in the comments!

Droid-Developers Website is down, I don't have any locally stored copy. Please wait until the link is updated or better sources are found. If any of you are having the original firmwares in your Hard-drives, Please, upload them and share their links, this would help the community in general. For now I am helpless and this post will not make sense.:(

I did find some firmwares for moto E here

DISCLAIMER:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research! YOU are choosing to follow this method to restore, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Pre-Requisite:
    Installed Motorola Drivers.

Instructions:
    1. Go to This This link, and download the firmware for your model! If you are unsure which one is yours please see Appendix 1
    2. Download mfastboot-v2 and Extract it into the same folder
    3. Reboot the phone into Bootloader using VolumeDown+Power Button
      If you prefer an automatic one click process please go to step 5
    4. Shift+RightClick in empty space in the extracted folder and choose open a command window here.
      If you do not wish to lock bootloader skip 4.1 and 4.3
      Code:
      mfastboot.exe oem lock begin
      Code:
      mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
      mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
      mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
      mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
      mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
      mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
      mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
      mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
      mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
      mfastboot.exe erase modemst1 
      mfastboot.exe erase modemst2 
      mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
      mfastboot.exe erase cache 
      mfastboot.exe erase userdata
      Code:
      mfastboot.exe oem lock
      Code:
      mfastboot.exe reboot

OR
    5. If you just did 4th step, You can skip this
      Download Restore.bat/Restore+lock.bat from Attachments, Extract it to the same folder and just run

And the phone is as good as new.
    So now experiment all you want, flash different firmwares.

Appendix:
    1. How to choose Correct Firmware for your phone
      1. If you are unsure which one is your firmware, go to Settings>About Phone>System Version the text written there will be similar to the version you want to choose!
      2. If You cannot access your phone or have changed ROM, then please go to bootloader mode using step 2 and 3 from instructions, Open command window like in step 4. Enter
        Code:
        fastboot getvar ro.build.version.full
        . You will see the version to choose in output.
      3. Still cant find, then wait the list at droid-developers is still expanding, your firmware version will be soon up
    2. If you don't like the bootloader unlock logo then here is a method by @cschmitt originally posted here
      1. Download this file, copy it to your fastboot location
      2. Reboot to bootloader using Power+VolumeDown
      3. Do following command from command prompt
        Code:
        fastboot flash logo logo.bin
      4. Reboot and enjoy
    3. If flashing is failed in any of the commands

Thanks @sw33ty4ppu for asking this question.
      Critical Commands (Absolutely Necessary Commands, which if failed will hard brick)
      Code:
      mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
      mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
      mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
      Non-Critical (If these failed, It will still allow you to go to bootloader and start flashing again)
      Code:
      mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
      mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
      mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
      mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
      mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
      mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
      mfastboot.exe erase modemst1 
      mfastboot.exe erase modemst2 
      mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
      mfastboot.exe erase cache 
      mfastboot.exe erase userdata

First check which command gave you an error in flashing.
      • Any of the non-critical command fails to flash, You can start flashing again and hope it might work, you can also check if the downloaded files are proper or their extraction from zip is proper. You can ask for help here on XDA in Q&A section as well.
      • Any of the critical command fails to flash, it is absolutely necessary that you do not exit bootloader. Because when device is in bootloader mode, bootloader is loaded into RAM and is still the original copy, you can still take the phone which is already in bootloader mode to a friend's place and get the flashing done there. But if you reboot bootloader somehow(knowingly/unknowingly). Man, You're screwed. Morale of the story, don't turn off/ reboot your phone until correct flashing is performed.

This also is another reason that experienced users prefer to enter commands manually than rely on an automated .bat or .sh script.

If it helped, Hit thanks
    Here is modified logo.bin for bootloader unlocked Moto E (shows normal boot splash instead of dire warning.)

1. Download and unzip logo.zip.

2. Reboot to fastboot mode (power + vol down)

3. fastboot flash logo logo.bin

4. Reboot, enjoy!
    motorola site says that unlocked bootloader will not hamper the ota update..however,stock recovery+stock rom is required...thats it
    I have twrp recovery+rooted stock rom...so if I follow the process will I be able to update my moto e by ota?

I am really confused here :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yup but first flash stock recovery

Do't worry soon i will come up with a ui handy tool

Hit thanks to support me.....
    Maybe a noob question but want to know how different is the mfastboot.exe from the normal fastboot commands?
    Edit: I checked with the files in the directory linked for mfastboot and found the files are from android sdk. correct me if im wrong. Thanks in advance

What mfastboot is basically a set of extended commands for normal fastboot, what Motorola has done is taken the fastboot protocol that is integrated into the bootloader code and added additional features and operations to fit with how there devices partition schemes are laid out and how they have designed the devices. In summary think of it as fastboot from the Android Open Source Project (Which is what is found in the Android SDK) with extra features for Motorola devices. The files in the directory you saw do come from the Android SDK however mfastboot and fastboot included in the Android SDK are not the same, mfasboot and the files from the Android SDK were bundled together for the convenience of downloading them. Let me know if you still have question's I'll be happy to answer them.