CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google KitKat dialer on S4

OP Mattx28025

19th May 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello, I want sure where to post this since it's a general software question. I've been trying to get the KitKat dialer to work on my rooted s4. Im running the SS 4.4.2NC1 ROM. I've done everything to make it work. I've used the apk file and changed the permissions using es Explorer and tried flashing it in safestrap. Nothing has worked so far. I don't normally ask for help, but I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Powered by Android)
20th May 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 644

1,290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattx28025

Hello, I want sure where to post this since it's a general software question. I've been trying to get the KitKat dialer to work on my rooted s4. Im running the SS 4.4.2NC1 ROM. I've done everything to make it work. I've used the apk file and changed the permissions using es Explorer and tried flashing it in safestrap. Nothing has worked so far. I don't normally ask for help, but I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Powered by Android)

Get an AOSP phone ;P
The issue might be with the fact that the stock ROM is odexed. Other than that, I'm not sure why unless it calls dependencies on other files also.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0
16th June 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #3  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 10

59 posts
More
Any update on this. Were you able to get it to work?

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

How do you like running Blackbox on your phone. It looks like closest (working) AOSP themed rom out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

Get an AOSP phone ;P
The issue might be with the fact that the stock ROM is odexed. Other than that, I'm not sure why unless it calls dependencies on other files also.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

16th June 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Austin

59 posts
More
FYI I just flashed the zip from android police using safestrap 3.72 and the dialer works on mu NC1 based rooted phone
16th June 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #5  

1,290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewPresley

Any update on this. Were you able to get it to work?

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

How do you like running Blackbox on your phone. It looks like closest (working) AOSP themed rom out there.

Blackbox runs really well and the features are nice, but I've ditched it for the semi-functional GPE that's in the General section here.
16th June 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #6  
Flag Austin

59 posts
More
Thanks for the reply. Besides flashing the zip via safestrap is there anything you need to do to make it work with the ATT S4? Also do you know if you can enable soft keys on that rom?

I'm tempted to flash the GPE but feel like I should wait until chrome and paid apps work before flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

Blackbox runs really well and the features are nice, but I've ditched it for the semi-functional GPE that's in the General section here.

16th June 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #7  

1,290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewPresley

Thanks for the reply. Besides flashing the zip via safestrap is there anything you need to do to make it work with the ATT S4? Also do you know if you can enable soft keys on that rom?

I'm tempted to flash the GPE but feel like I should wait until chrome and paid apps work before flashing

I've gotten used to Firefox and I don't have paid apps, so it's not an issue for me. But you just flash it like any other ROM. Soft keys aren't a built in option AFAIK but I think Gravitybox has something for them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread