Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Angry Micromax Canvas Music A88 - All things root & Development!

OP sayan8

19th May 2013, 01:08 PM   |  #1  
sayan8's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 13
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
As we all know after the success of Canvas series, Micromax is flying high.They recently launched a new phone called Canvas Music which comes prebundled with a JBL Tempo Headset.

Its my first thread in XDA!!

So here it is-

1.Drivers
http://moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/A88/Tools/Drivers/&file=Drivers.rar

2..ROM and Flash tools

Rom- http://moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/A88/Approved%20SW%20Versions/V1_050413/&file=S8121_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_V23.zip
SP Flasher - http://moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Micromax/A88/Tools/Download%20Tool/&file=SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1244.0.sn85.rar

3.ROOT Guide


By using Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15.7z(download from attachments)

1.Enable USB debugging on your device. To do that, go to Settings > Development > USB debugging.
2.Connect your device to any PC/laptop and install the drivers .
3.Unzip the root tool you downloaded above.
4.Change the mode of your device from USB Storage to Media Device and proceed further. This change can be done only when you have
connected your device to the PC, so don't go mad searching for this option before you have even connected your device.
6.Run the runme.bat file.
7.A command prompt with weird green letters will pop-up on your screen.
Follow the onscreen instructions carefully. To start off, you willl need to type in a "1" and press enter.
Note: If you ever want to Unroot your Micromax A88, follow the above steps till you reach this one and then, instead of typing "1", type "x" and hit enter. Follow the instructions that appear on the command prompt after that.
8Your device will reboot during the process after which Bin4ry will copy some files to your device.
9.Else just reboot your phone
10.When the green letters in the command prompt says Have Fun!

That means, your device is rooted now and you can enjoy Superuser permissions!

Tested by me

CWM - !!{NOT TESTED BY ME BUT MY FRIEND TESTED IT}
Install Mobile Uncle Tools from Google Play
Download img from attachments.

1.Download the recovery and Put it in root of your SDCARD
2.Open Mobile uncle tools and select Recovery Update
3.Flash my recovery.img file
4.Done



If you Like my post please click THANKS
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.7z - [Click for QR Code] (1.94 MB, 1883 views)
File Type: img recovery.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.98 MB, 5507 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sayan8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Thanks Sayan8...its quite informative...
25th May 2013, 08:59 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
My MX A88 is not getting root... i installed drivers...used restore with binary tool. process happened but its not rooted. Please suggest if i am missing something...
29th May 2013, 06:34 AM   |  #4  
Sudeep Duhoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 687
 
380 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
this will not work.

by mistake i pressed ur thanx button.
Last edited by Sudeep Duhoon; 30th May 2013 at 01:28 PM.
30th May 2013, 01:39 PM   |  #5  
Sudeep Duhoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 687
 
380 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayan8

3.ROOT Guide

By using Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15.7z(download from attachments)

1.Enable USB debugging on your device. To do that, go to Settings > Development > USB debugging.
2.Connect your device to any PC/laptop and install the drivers .
3.Unzip the root tool you downloaded above.
4.Change the mode of your device from USB Storage to Media Device and proceed further. This change can be done only when you have
connected your device to the PC, so don't go mad searching for this option before you have even connected your device.
6.Run the runme.bat file.
7.A command prompt with weird green letters will pop-up on your screen.
Follow the onscreen instructions carefully. To start off, you willl need to type in a "1" and press enter.
Note: If you ever want to Unroot your Micromax A88, follow the above steps till you reach this one and then, instead of typing "1", type "x" and hit enter. Follow the instructions that appear on the command prompt after that.
8Your device will reboot during the process after which Bin4ry will copy some files to your device.
9.Else just reboot your phone
10.When the green letters in the command prompt says Have Fun!

That means, your device is rooted now and you can enjoy Superuser permissions!

Tested by me

see this (attachment):
i guess to root musis, we should flash cwm recovery first, as we do in canvas 2/hd with jelly bean.
downloading the rom, will try to flash canvas 2's cwm recovery. will post results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	17080
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	2003822  
30th May 2013, 04:07 PM   |  #6  
Sudeep Duhoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 687
 
380 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep Duhoon

see this (attachment):
i guess to root musis, we should flash cwm recovery first, as we do in canvas 2/hd with jelly bean.
downloading the rom, will try to flash canvas 2's cwm recovery. will post results.

EDIT: Please tell ur friend. the recovery u've posted is not working either.
30th May 2013, 06:04 PM   |  #7  
Sudeep Duhoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 687
 
380 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Got CWM Recovery (ported from canvas 2 by myself)
now rooting canvas music.
will update tomorrow.
3rd June 2013, 07:29 AM   |  #8  
Sudeep Duhoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 687
 
380 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
go here.CWM and root canvas music
Last edited by Sudeep Duhoon; 10th July 2013 at 10:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sudeep Duhoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #9  
sayan8's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 13
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
The .img recovery image i posted is of canvas 2 cwm ... also this rooting method is working on my canvas 3D also..
2nd July 2013, 07:18 AM   |  #10  
Sudeep Duhoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 687
 
380 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayan8

The .img recovery image i posted is of canvas 2 cwm ... also this rooting method is working on my canvas 3D also..

canvas 2 has different kernel. will not work for canvas music.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a88 cwm root stock rom canvas music hack
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes