FORUMS

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

[GUIDE] Turn tunein radio recordings into mp3's

488 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

By kemmo123, Senior Member on 12th July 2012, 06:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So it has annoyed my for a long time that i couldn't take the recordings from tune in radio and listen/transfer them to my pc/mp3 player. this is a step by step guide on how to do it.

*important* make sure you know what format you made the recordings in (mp3/aac). just look on the right hand side of the track progress bar while recording live (see screenshot below) in this example it is recorded in aac. tune in will automatically record in mp3 format usually.

so, once you have the recording saved, connect your phone to pc via usb. navigate to your tunein folder, usually mnt/sdcard/tunein. find the recording you want to listen to/copy, it will look something like this; 20111131-074437. copy it over to your pc.

now, just add .aac or .mp3 to your file name. (.aac or .mp3 depending on what it was recorded as)

good? done! that's it. you now have your tunein recording as a readable file on your pc. if you want to remove ads/tracks in the recording, use an audio editor to do so. i use this; http://www.nch.com.au/splitter/index.html

it should be noted that for recordings 50mb+ it can be hit or miss with this method. so try to keep your recordings below about 2 hours long...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-07-12-15-16-35.jpg
Views:	11216
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1192786  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kemmo123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th December 2012, 03:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Need update
This method no longer works. Is there an updated process for exporting the recordings?
29th December 2012, 12:19 PM |#3  

More
Unhappy
Hello ,

I am using Tunein for my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android Ice Cream) and i am very happy with it .
I tryed to use the Recording for an Interview of mine.
In my screen (when the station played) i saw the *wma format.
Was exactly the same like ur attached pictured but with the wma as the format .
Recording it and i hearing it from my phone was fine.
Later i tryed to copy it and played in my PC.
I was very sad when i realized that i couldn't hear it or even opened it .
The recorded File didnt had any extation , so when i copyed to the Pc, could not recognized what program to use in order to play it.
Looking in the internet i saw several technik's but with No results . I also downloaded some wma convertes .
The problem is that Windows can not recognize the file .
When i simple change the extension to *wma (as u say in ur Post) again didnt worked.

PLz Help me ,
how i could play the file ( of my Radio Interview) in my PC and use-convert it as a common for exaple *mp3 file .

Tnk you .

I wish you a Happy New YEAR 2013
1st January 2013, 02:51 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprsk

Hello ,

I am using Tunein for my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android Ice Cream) and i am very happy with it .
I tryed to use the Recording for an Interview of mine.
In my screen (when the station played) i saw the *wma format.
Was exactly the same like ur attached pictured but with the wma as the format .
Recording it and i hearing it from my phone was fine.
Later i tryed to copy it and played in my PC.
I was very sad when i realized that i couldn't hear it or even opened it .
The recorded File didnt had any extation , so when i copyed to the Pc, could not recognized what program to use in order to play it.
Looking in the internet i saw several technik's but with No results . I also downloaded some wma convertes .
The problem is that Windows can not recognize the file .
When i simple change the extension to *wma (as u say in ur Post) again didnt worked.

PLz Help me ,
how i could play the file ( of my Radio Interview) in my PC and use-convert it as a common for exaple *mp3 file .

Tnk you .

I wish you a Happy New YEAR 2013

If it was streamed in wma format then thats what you have to save it as. Now, on PC vlc player can play wma files, if it doesn't for you then try installing the k-lite codec pack. that should take care of it.
1st January 2013, 09:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have same issue. Just recorded some radio (.aac) to test on nexus 7 using tune in pro. Changed name to.aac format and can not play back on nexus.
5th January 2013, 01:07 AM |#6  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61

I have same issue. Just recorded some radio (.aac) to test on nexus 7 using tune in pro. Changed name to.aac format and can not play back on nexus.

Just download vlc player app from play store. It supports and plays the files once you rename them.
9th January 2013, 02:31 AM |#7  
Flag st thomas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmo123

So it has annoyed my for a long time that i couldn't take the recordings from tune in radio and listen/transfer them to my pc/mp3 player. this is a step by step guide on how to do it.

*important* make sure you know what format you made the recordings in (mp3/aac). just look on the right hand side of the track progress bar while recording live (see screenshot below) in this example it is recorded in aac. tune in will automatically record in mp3 format usually.

so, once you have the recording saved, connect your phone to pc via usb. navigate to your tunein folder, usually mnt/sdcard/tunein. find the recording you want to listen to/copy, it will look something like this; 20111131-074437. copy it over to your pc.

now, just add .aac or .mp3 to your file name. (.aac or .mp3 depending on what it was recorded as)

good? done! that's it. you now have your tunein recording as a readable file on your pc. if you want to remove ads/tracks in the recording, use an audio editor to do so. i use this; http://www.nch.com.au/splitter/index.html

it should be noted that for recordings 50mb+ it can be hit or miss with this method. so try to keep your recordings below about 2 hours long...

YES it works!! thank you for sharing this info, I just checked out my favorite radio station and noticed they do them in mp3 so I tried changing the files to mp3 on my computer and they played rite away.
13th January 2013, 08:39 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmo123

take the recordings from tune in radio and listen/transfer them to my pc/mp3 player. ... just add .aac or .mp3 to your file name.

I tried this a year or so ago, and it failed - I used Windows Media Player, and Cool Edit Pro. Upon seeing your suggestion I tried it again, but with Audacity. So far, it works on the first few files. Will it work on the remainder? I hope so. Oh, The Hope of Audacity
The Following User Says Thank You to benreaves For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2013, 04:03 PM |#9  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area

More
Lightbulb HOW TO Play TuneIn Radio Recordings
TuneIn Radio Pro makes recordings in whatever format (MP3, AAC, WMA, etc) a source streams in,
but does not create legal container files, making recordings (deliberately) hard to play outside of TuneIn.
To determine the format of a given source, start a manual recording and note the format shown on the TuneIn screen.
To play a recording, copy the file from the TuneIn folder on the device to a computer,
and then rename the file to give it an appropriate file extension; e.g., .mp3 for MP3 audio.
The file should now be playable in VLC Media Player.
To play in other players less forgiving of file format issues, it will need to be converted with a tool like foobar2000 or Audacity.
Last edited by JNavas2; 25th January 2013 at 04:41 PM.
29th January 2013, 05:24 PM |#10  

More
Even VLC Player can convert those files into mp3 or whatever else

Ctrl+R ...
29th January 2013, 05:36 PM |#11  
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30hz

Even VLC Player can convert those files into mp3 or whatever else

Ctrl+R ...

^This, a simple batch file for Windows that will convert anything VLC can play to 128k MP3 can be done using something like this:
Code:
@echo off

:infile
set /p infile=Input File: 
set /p outfile=Output File: 
echo.
echo Converting...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "%infile%" --sout=#transcode{vcodec=none,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp3,dst="%output%"}} vlc://quit

echo Done!
echo.
goto infile

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread