Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,656 Members 52,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

galaxy note 3 n9005 on Metro PCS ?

Tip us?

lazawrd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question galaxy note 3 n9005 on Metro PCS ?

Hi guys
I need your help guys I live in Saginaw Michigan. I switched to MetroPcs because the LTE/4G and the unlimited data plan.I bought T-mobile note 3 and used it on MetroPcs sim card and It was working very good in Saginaw ,MI. However, I returned the tmobile note to them because the device was frozen when I push the power button.My concern now is that dose the note 3 n9005 compatible on Metropcs LTE/G4 and will work just fine or not.

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
No. LTE not compatible.

sent from my sm-9005.
The Following User Says Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhobert
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Doesn't tmobile offer unlimited lte/4g also? Why go with metropcs?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lazawrd
Old
(Last edited by lazawrd; 2nd November 2013 at 11:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhobert View Post
Doesn't tmobile offer unlimited lte/4g also? Why go with metropcs?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Good question, in Saginaw tmobile doesn't have lte/4g but MetroPcs dose.
The Following User Says Thank You to lazawrd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Inxed
Old
(Last edited by Inxed; 3rd November 2013 at 11:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazawrd View Post
Good question, in Saginaw tmobile doesn't have lte/4g but MetroPcs dose.
Hmmm I don't see the problem with it. You will have to get the phone unlocked for when you input the sim card then flash the corrective kernals. At least that's what I know when using phones meant for one company to another. Not that I did it or anything.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
No. LTE not compatible.

sent from my sm-9005.
If both companies offer LTE, and n9005 is LTE(Which I found here http://www.sammobile.com/2013/09/01/...certification/, shouldn't it be compatible?
Root tools:
TWRP 2.0
Aroma 2.70-RC2
Devices:
SM-900T TMO Note 3 - Jedi Elite V2 Saber Kernal
I317 AT&T Note 2 - Paranoid Android 3.99-RC2
XPRT Ver Droid X2 - CyanogenMod 7.2.0--RC1 X2 Beta

"The fact that we agree to within our errors in science, that's basically as good as you can do." Andrew Howard, University of Hawaii at Manoa's Institute for Astronomy
The Following User Says Thank You to Inxed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
The hspa will be compatible but LTE bands between USA and the rest world differ.

sent from my sm-9005.
The Following User Says Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Inxed
Old
Thanks Meter 10
OHHHH Okay. HSPA is okay kind of. I used it a while back. Hey OP, is HSPA available in your area from Metro, because I know they started offering it. If so, there you go.
Root tools:
TWRP 2.0
Aroma 2.70-RC2
Devices:
SM-900T TMO Note 3 - Jedi Elite V2 Saber Kernal
I317 AT&T Note 2 - Paranoid Android 3.99-RC2
XPRT Ver Droid X2 - CyanogenMod 7.2.0--RC1 X2 Beta

"The fact that we agree to within our errors in science, that's basically as good as you can do." Andrew Howard, University of Hawaii at Manoa's Institute for Astronomy
The Following User Says Thank You to Inxed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lazawrd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for all you guys I just bought a new note 3 from t mobile store and it's working very good on MetroPcs without rooting it. LTE also working in Saginaw very fast ( 25mb -38mb).
The Following User Says Thank You to lazawrd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Congratulations. If you get around to flashing roms I highly recommend flashing an int'l rom on it.

Sent from my SM-9005.

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231

DONATE TO ME
Tmo owns Metro now so don't see why it won't work. If anything just have to wait until they get done adjusting power outage the metro towers are backing on

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

--HTC One (M*8)
--Note 10.1 2k4
-Recovery: TWRP
-Recovery: TWRP
-ROM: NV M8 RLS2
-ROM: xKat V3.2
-Kernel: ?
-Kernel: Bindroid V3

Blog: MobileEscape.blogspot.com

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound, Note 3 (jumped)

The Following User Says Thank You to dragonstalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]