Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0.3+] Android device & operating system monitor app

Tip us?

zikkapp
Old
(Last edited by zikkapp; 20th June 2014 at 08:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default [APP][4.0.3+] Android device & operating system monitor app

Hi Everyone,

I would like to invite you all to check out Device Monitor & Inspector.
If you don't like the ads you are welcome the buy the premium version.
Please send feedback to contact@zikkapp.com.
Below is the description from Google Play. Enjoy!

Device Monitor & Inspector helps you learn more about your Android device and operating system.
The app displays detailed and accurate information about operating system processes, CPU utilization,
device storage, random access memory, battery statistics and information, installed apps,
WiFi network information, internet connections, mobile network information, device hardware
software and firmware information, sensors and more.
The device and operating system information provided by the app is displayed in 8 screens as detailed below:
System & Processes - Operating system boot time, CPU utilization (system mode, user mode and idle times),
detailed information regarding operating system processes divided to apps including the total number of processes,
total memory usage, CPU utilization and total number of threads. Here you can also kill background processes of a specific app.
Storage & Memory - Device storage statistics, memory statistics (RAM) and detailed operating system memory management information.
Battery - Battery charge level, health, charge status, power source, temperature, battery voltage and battery technology.
Apps - Detailed information regarding apps installed on the device including total size, data usage, version, installation date,
last update date and app permissions. Here you can also delete apps.
Network - Internet connectivity state and type, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, WiFi network name, signal strength, link speed, MAC address,
DNS, gateway, netmask and DHCP server, and detailed information regarding network connections including the app to which the connection
belongs, the local IP address, the remote IP address and the connection state.
Telephony - detailed telephony and mobile network information including telephony type (for example GSM or CDMA), subscriber ID
(for example IMSI for GSM phones and MIN for CDMA phones), telephony software version,
device ID (for example IMEI for GSM phones and MEID or ESN for CDMA phones), service provider, network operator, network type,
(for example GSM, UMTS, LTE and CDMA) signal strength, service state (for example normal service and limited service),
network selection type (automatic or manual), data network type (for example GPRS, HSPA+ and LTE) and data state (UL and DL traffic).
Device - Detailed device information including device model, manufacturer, brand, hardware, screen resolution and density, CPU information
(model, number of cores, speed, manufacturer, instruction set and features) and detailed sensors information including type, vendor,
range, resolution, electric current and minimum delay between events.
Software & Firmware - Android operating system version, Linux kernel version, GCC version, baseband version, bootloader, build ID
and a list of device drivers installed on the operating system.
In addition, you can use the app's battery and network widgets to stay up to date with the device's battery and network statistics.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to zikkapp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THEbigSWEEN
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Seems like a nifty app to have. Looking forward to trying it out! Thanks for your work!

jaybizza
Old
Thanks Meter 145
2nd ..... Thanks for putting this out for all to use!!
Current devices:
Verizon-Galaxy Note 2
T-Mobile-Galaxy Note 3
T-Mobile-LG Flex
Nexus 7 (2013)

Tablets:
Galaxy Tab 7
Galaxy Tab 10.1
H.P Touchpad
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)

pit84
Old
Thanks Meter 39
thanks bros!!
DeVicE:

nexus 7 grouper----paranoidandroid 4+ \ franco kernel
asus tf201----paranoidandroid 4+ by voyager2k
se xperia ray----cm11 by mikeioannina
motorola moto g----stock kk
BiG ThanKs To XDA AnD iTs DeveLoPerS FoR aLL ThiS kNowLeDGe

rbrandser
Old
Thanks Meter 222

Nice, geeky app
Yeah, I'm a sucker for stats. Pretty awesome, and nice & clean design.
So, according to your app my HTC one m7 battery has 0v.

(σˋ▽ˊ)σ

Weetbix
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Nice :thumbup:

2 things though:

1. Under storage it makes no mention of the fact that I have an extra Sd card... Would just seem more complete if it had something about that in there

2. Under the network section what are the chances of seeing what process/app is using the connection on my phone? It's all well and good seeing there is a connection open to somewhere, but knowing what to kill without digging around in a terminal would be easier

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

zikkapp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandser View Post

Nice, geeky app
Yeah, I'm a sucker for stats. Pretty awesome, and nice & clean design.
So, according to your app my HTC one m7 battery has 0v.

(σˋ▽ˊ)σ
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to find some kind of workaround for this issue - see updated APK,
or better yet wait for Google Play update. Not sure if it works, but at least now if doesn't the voltage
will be "unknown"

zikkapp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetbix View Post
Nice :thumbup:

2 things though:

1. Under storage it makes no mention of the fact that I have an extra Sd card... Would just seem more complete if it had something about that in there

2. Under the network section what are the chances of seeing what process/app is using the connection on my phone? It's all well and good seeing there is a connection open to somewhere, but knowing what to kill without digging around in a terminal would be easier

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks for the feedback. Made some changes - see attached updated APK (or better yet wait for Google lay update).
You can now kill background processes from the network section.
As for the SD card issue - there is a temporary workaround, hope it works. A better solution will be provided later on.

rbrandser
Old
(Last edited by rbrandser; 26th May 2014 at 10:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikkapp View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I tried to find some kind of workaround for this issue - see updated APK,
or better yet wait for Google Play update. Not sure if it works, but at least now if doesn't the voltage
will be "unknown"
Yes, now it reports 3.00mV, I guess it's supposed to be 3V. No biggie.

Oh, and in telephony, signal strength should be on top of list, and also include asu value, that's my favorite.

Dovidhalevi
Old
Thanks Meter 965
Yes, quite nifty.

Note, gives maximum possible (at-your-own-risk) CPU speed, not actual set min, max and current.
Used Xposed appsettings to get more balanced text and icon display.

Tags
firmware, hardware, operating system