FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Broke my WIFI (SPH-L720T) SOLVED

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By oaomcg, Junior Member on 29th May 2014, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a SPH-L720T

A few months ago I rooted using CF-Auto-Root and everything was working fine. I made no other changes.
Last night I tried to update the phone using Kies so I could start using the WIFI calling. It seemed to update fine and started up but the WIFI was off. Now it cannot be turned on. Slide the switch to ON and it immediately switches back to OFF. I eventually did a factory reset on the phone but that did not resolve the problem. But it did start showing a message when I try to turn on WIFI that security software has disallowed the action. I went into SuperSU and it asked to turn of Knox. I did that. Now the message doesn't come up any more but WIFI still can't be turned on.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do next?
Last edited by oaomcg; 29th May 2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: solved
 
 
29th May 2014, 06:58 PM |#2  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,859
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaomcg

I have a SPH-L720T

A few months ago I rooted using CF-Auto-Root and everything was working fine. I made no other changes.
Last night I tried to update the phone using Kies so I could start using the WIFI calling. It seemed to update fine and started up but the WIFI was off. Now it cannot be turned on. Slide the switch to ON and it immediately switches back to OFF. I eventually did a factory reset on the phone but that did not resolve the problem. But it did start showing a message when I try to turn on WIFI that security software has disallowed the action. I went into SuperSU and it asked to turn of Knox. I did that. Now the message doesn't come up any more but WIFI still can't be turned on.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do next?

Odin the latest tar file (locate it yourself and if you don't know how to use Odin there are plenty of threads and posts on how to). And perform another factory reset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 10:31 PM |#3  
VandyCWG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring Hil, TN
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Odin the latest tar file (locate it yourself and if you don't know how to use Odin there are plenty of threads and posts on how to). And perform another factory reset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Agree with this one. Odin to NC6. If you really wanted, ODIN back to NAF, see if Wifi works, then ODIN to NC6, and if wifi still works, re-root with CFAutoRoot
The Following User Says Thank You to VandyCWG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 10:45 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks for the replies. Downloading NC6. Fingers crossed.
29th May 2014, 11:22 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
That did the trick without the need for another factory reset. Again I appreciate the help. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to oaomcg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 11:30 PM |#6  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,859
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerj

@negamann303 PM sent..Btw, the rom is looking awesome.. You are the man

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I suggest you put "solved" in the title of the thread so when someone in the future runs into the same problem they know where to find the answer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 11:48 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

I suggest you put "solved" in the title of the thread so when someone in the future runs into the same problem they know where to find the answer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

done. thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes