FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Alternative way to factory reset/fix unknown system errors

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Ragkhuza, Member on 22nd May 2014, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi/Hello XDA's members.

So you got an error like com.android.process.media or com.android.process.acore has stopped and it keeps popping up on your screen from time to time and it gets so irritating. So here's an alternative way to fix a system error without losing your user data.

Note: I made this thread for An alternative way to factory reset and at at the same time to fix those errors.

Things we need:
*ROOT*
Titanium backup (with complete backup of your user and system apps)
A backup of your contacts, calendar, accounts etc.. (Everything you need) (Not made by Titanium, As you might restore the data that cause the system error com.android.process.acore has stopped.)
Understanding..

READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE PROCEEDING!

Note: I'm not responsilbe for any data loss or if you messed up your phone. This is just an alternative way to fix your system errors without losing user data.

Let's get started:

Step 1) Make sure you have seperate backup of your contacts, calendar, etc. (Once again, Not backup of Titanium.)

Step 2) Open Titanium Backup and wait for it to load everything. Once done, proceed to step 3.

Step 3) Click the search button then click filter button.

Step 4) Untick User and Uninstall then click check button at the top right corner.

Step 5) Click Backup/Restore. Check if all listed apps are system apps (by default you'll see Green, Red, Yellow name of apps which means they are system apps and/or part of the system)

Step 6) Go to Batch Actions (Click the box with check icon at the top right corner.)

Step 7) Scroll Down to "Manipulate data" section.

Step 8 ) Click "Wipe data for user & system apps" (Don't forget to wipe dalvik cache if you need to.)

Step 9) Reboot

Step 10) Restore the data of your contacts, calendar, accounts, etc. (Everything you need) From the backup you made from other backup utilities. (Not made by Titanium Backup)

Note: You may only restore your system data from Titanium Backup if you don't encounter error like com.android.process.xxxxxxx has stopped.

That's all.

If this post helped you, don't forget to Hit my thanks button.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ragkhuza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ragkhuza Ad-Free

29th May 2014, 07:26 PM |#2  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I'm definitely trying out this method. I'm so annoyed by the fc of systemui.
30th May 2014, 08:43 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones160

I'm definitely trying out this method. I'm so annoyed by the fc of systemui.

Try wiping the data of system UI and do some workaround. It's pretty easy to solve but still, depends on the situation.

Sent from my Lenovo A706.
Rom: CM10
If you liked my work kindly press my thanks button.
30th May 2014, 10:30 PM |#4  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragkhuza

Try wiping the data of system UI and do some workaround. It's pretty easy to solve but still, depends on the situation.

Sent from my Lenovo A706.
Rom: CM10
If you liked my work kindly press my thanks button.

Darn it lol. Just tried and none of it works. i think it may be the ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)