Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Question [Q] Using Stock Recovery to Downgrade

OP SphereOfCuriosity

17th May 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

55 posts
More
Alrighty, I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I did the obligatory forums search and didn't find anything on it, so here goes.

I was messing around this afternoon, playing with ADB and my new Note 3, rebooting into the recovery that looked familiar (sorry for potato, but you get the idea), and I had an idea that I'd not seen: Is it possible to use the stock recovery to downgrade to an official Jelly Bean firmware, then root and have fun?

If anyone has any insight as to how this may or may not work, please, let me know.
17th May 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 418

1,201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphereOfCuriosity

Alrighty, I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I did the obligatory forums search and didn't find anything on it, so here goes.

I was messing around this afternoon, playing with ADB and my new Note 3, rebooting into the recovery that looked familiar (sorry for potato, but you get the idea), and I had an idea that I'd not seen: Is it possible to use the stock recovery to downgrade to an official Jelly Bean firmware, then root and have fun?

If anyone has any insight as to how this may or may not work, please, let me know.

Unfortunately no. Downgrading is not possible at this time.
19th May 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

55 posts
More
Dammit. Thanks.
20th May 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

55 posts
More
At no one in particular: What about Heimdall?
I doubt what I'm thinking of is original, but I've yet to find a thread already started with this topic. If this is in the wrong section, apologies.
21st May 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Houma, LA
Thanks Meter: 2,394

4,464 posts
Donate to Me
More
I believe that heimdall has been tried and failed. These bootloaders are signed with keys that we can't Crack within a reasonable amount of time. We need something that can be exploited or a leak.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to graydiggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade 4.4.2 to 4.3, root, stock recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread