Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

s4 mini duos network problems

Tip us?

ricjps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default s4 mini duos network problems

Hello,

I appeal to all the users that have samsung galaxy s4 mini duos (i9192) to give me a honest opinion on their experience usage about this issue
I want to buy the phone because i have 2 sims, work and home and need both always on but i've been read that this phone has major problems with network signal such as:
"Poor network performance. I'm forced to restart 4 to 5 times per day to regain the network access. I checked from my service providers, no issues on their part. Dual Sim a failure. Apart from network issues, the design, ram performance are average. I'll recommend not to buy this instrument unless the dual-sim network problem is rectified."
Like this, there are many more in samsung phone forum.
Anyone can give me their opinion?

mar10o
Old
Thanks Meter 31
False. I'm using it without problems with two sims work/private. Signal strength may be lower, but it's not so bad. Device is very fast, in antutu it has more points than 4 core htc one x+ or galaxy s3.
Software is bit buggy, but nothing serious.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9192
The Following User Says Thank You to mar10o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricjps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10o View Post
False. I'm using it without problems with two sims work/private. Signal strength may be lower, but it's not so bad. Device is very fast, in antutu it has more points than 4 core htc one x+ or galaxy s3.
Software is bit buggy, but nothing serious.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Yes, i have read many reviews and all shows very good results. But if you go to http://reviews.in.samsung.com/7463-e...ws/reviews.htm you will see the very bad opinions.
Seems that the phone in bad coverage areas lost signal and don't regain signal unless you restart the phone or the network. Have you already been in bad coverage areas?

mar10o
Old
Thanks Meter 31
It will regain signal. For example yesterday - I was in underground parking lot and signal was very poor to none, but somehow I've got the incoming call when moving to other spot.
Maybe it's firmware related. I've updated manually to amh2 version through odin. Mine new csc is ser - Russia

ricjps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone else that has not experienced this problems?

DarkSwanKnight
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I would like to know this also, I'm considering buying it solely because of the "Dual Sim" but I keep reading lots of people complaining about the signal issues.

fburgos
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I dont have any problems with my I9192 been in my hands for 2 months by now the network problem you describe it's very rare just couple of times since I've been using it but I've turn on and off airplane mode

for me it's a really good phone

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 4

grajeshg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Same problem

I also have the duos version. Once the signal is lost/falls in the dead spot region, it doesn't come back a automatically. Fed up with this.. after buying such a high end phone, restarting all the time to get network! What is the use of fast processor and all stuff if we can't make a phone call with it? And after reading the comments on the below page, it is clear that this is a known issue of the model:
gsmarena.com/samsung_i9190_galaxy_s4_mini-reviews-5375.php
Any solution for this? The handset has turned out to be useless.

Rew64
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have not had a problem like this with mine, it works perfect. I live in a bad signal area and if I go down stairs in my house the phone will lose the signal , when I go back up stairs the phone always regains the signal with no problems.

I can't fault this phone, it's ten times better than my last one, HTC Desire V
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini duos I9192
HTC Desire V
HTC Desire - 3.14.405.1 GB Rooted

ricjps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fburgos View Post
I dont have any problems with my I9192 been in my hands for 2 months by now the network problem you describe it's very rare just couple of times since I've been using it but I've turn on and off airplane mode

for me it's a really good phone

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 4
Thanks,
Only the fact that you mentioned you have to do airplane mode 2 times is just severe enough, because in a phone with this price range that's a problem that should NEVER occur, and you can be the lucky guy that just has good coverage signal all of the time.

I came to the conclusion that it happens with much moore models than the ones that not happen.
I'm going to order the phone even with this feedback hoping that i have a flash of luck and my phone doesn't have the problems, because i've been waiting months for a dual sim phone with top performance and this seems to be the ideal phone to me.
I will post my experience here, if anything goes wrong i will try to sell it.