Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon S5 on Straight Talk/GSM

Tip us?

zounduser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1472

DONATE TO ME
Default Verizon S5 on Straight Talk/GSM

Hey guys, my girl wants to move from Verizon to straight talk. She paid for the phone right out, so that she wouldn't have to renew the contract. I use straight talk, and have for 3 years now. So I know how to set up the phone with the apn settings and all.

Anyways, I've got it all set up, and everything is working great, except mms picture messages.

If anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment.

If u don't have anything nice to say, please don't even comment.

Thanks guys

Zounduser

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER
The Following User Says Thank You to zounduser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Travisholt92
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser View Post
Hey guys, my girl wants to move from Verizon to straight talk. She paid for the phone right out, so that she wouldn't have to renew the contract. I use straight talk, and have for 3 years now. So I know how to set up the phone with the apn settings and all.

Anyways, I've got it all set up, and everything is working great, except mms picture messages.

If anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment.

If u don't have anything nice to say, please don't even comment.

Thanks guys

Zounduser

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you're using Google Hangouts (which i would HIGHLY recommend) It has its own APN settings that you'll need to change which should fix your issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Travisholt92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

istundra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Does non-VZW SIM work out of the Box on VZW S5?

Does non-VZW SIM, example StraightTalk, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. work in VZW S5 with carrier APN? I'm expecting to only get H or H+ speeds.

Please provide feedback if you have tried it. I know VZW S4 works on other carriers out of box.

Thanks,