Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wierd htc sensation problem

Tip us?

toyzboyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default wierd htc sensation problem

As the title says:
Htc sensation w/ revelation 1.02 on it.
Wierd logo made up of black dashes on the screen.
Kinda like a smurf image.color or white screen dosen't matter.
Update software,new rom?
Any ideas.
Thanks

Ajax1337
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzboyz View Post
As the title says:
Htc sensation w/ revelation 1.02 on it.
Wierd logo made up of black dashes on the screen.
Kinda like a smurf image.color or white screen dosen't matter.
Update software,new rom?
Any ideas.
Thanks
Any more information the subject? like did this happen on its on, if not what did you do that preceded the problem ( install new rom ), anything?
I would just flash a new rom over it and let it be.... f*ck backslash smurfs....

toyzboyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1337 View Post
Any more information the subject? like did this happen on its on, if not what did you do that preceded the problem ( install new rom ), anything?
I would just flash a new rom over it and let it be.... f*ck backslash smurfs....
nope just appeared on it's own.like you said a backslash smurf.have u heard of this problem before?
i'll just install a new rom.any reccomendations?it's for the G.F. it's her phone--I'm just the schlep who programs it.
I'd like a stable rom and relatively fast.not too much crap like developer stuff--she'll never use it.

Ajax1337
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzboyz View Post
nope just appeared on it's own.like you said a backslash smurf.have u heard of this problem before?
i'll just install a new rom.any reccomendations?it's for the G.F. it's her phone--I'm just the schlep who programs it.
I'd like a stable rom and relatively fast.not too much crap like developer stuff--she'll never use it.

No mate sorry but sounds really strange to me... if it happened to any of the girls i know since they're all technologically impaired i would guess its of their own doing, for example installing and accepting **** they don't bother checking... maybe your girl is different i don't know anyways im using Sultanxda's rom and im very pleased with it ( especially speed-wise ) check it out.

toyzboyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1337 View Post
No mate sorry but sounds really strange to me... if it happened to any of the girls i know since they're all technologically impaired i would guess its of their own doing, for example installing and accepting **** they don't bother checking... maybe your girl is different i don't know anyways im using Sultanxda's rom and im very pleased with it ( especially speed-wise ) check it out.
thanks.i might try viper first then maybe the rom u recommend.

Inf1n1te
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try to ask Viper's developers. They can recognize problem and try to find a solution...

toyzboyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I installed viper and the weird black lines resembling a smurf or weird cartoon character is still there.
I even reinstalled the pgm58 3.33 firmware and it's still there.
I suspect the lcd is going and soon there will be more lines.(black lines on white screen--colored pics hide the lines)
a new lcd assembly is between 30-40 bucks so I may order one if things get worse.
p.s. I tried some of the stuck pixel apps on g-play and no dice...