How to take good low light/indoor pictures?

OP JoeFCaputo113

25th April 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,779

4,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Whenever I take a pic inside or in low light it seems very blurry. How can I take good quality indoor/low light pics? Thanks!
25th April 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 304

202 posts
Download google camera

CLICK THANKS IF YOU HELPED
25th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Venice, California
Thanks Meter: 222

1,893 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Whenever I take a pic inside or in low light it seems very blurry. How can I take good quality indoor/low light pics? Thanks!

You'll have to mess with the camera and its settings manually to find a good way yourself. Simply there isnt a simple solution to this sadly. The S5 Camera doesnt take in much light in dark conditions which is a con to it. You could try setting the ISO to its hightest setting in dark conditions as a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaygalaxystarmod

Download google camera

CLICK THANKS IF YOU HELPED

Don't go around asking people to thank you, especially if your going to give outstandingly dull and boring reply's like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoulon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

76 posts
I found if you have the photo setting Picture Stablistion on it tends to blur the photo on the edges you get much clearer photos with it off as I think it tries to take the photo without the flash in low light if you have that setting switched on. Hope this helps.
26th April 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 456

1,739 posts
More
-Turn on Picture Stabilization unless there is movement in the picture than keep it off and instead use sport mode.
-Turn Up ISO
-Use the flash depending on the conditions.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

4,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone else??

Any people find optimal settings for indoor/low light pics? Or perhaps another camera app that takes better low light/indoor pictures than the stock TouchWiz camera app?
20th May 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,015

9,577 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Anyone else??

Any people find optimal settings for indoor/low light pics? Or perhaps another camera app that takes better low light/indoor pictures than the stock TouchWiz camera app?

Not sure if this helps, but I tried Camera Zoom FX to ease my front camera low-light woes, and it did indeed help a bit if you play around with the settings. There was much less noise than with the stock camera app. I didn't try it with the rear camera however.
20th May 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

4,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsixda

Not sure if this helps, but I tried Camera Zoom FX to ease my front camera low-light woes, and it did indeed help a bit if you play around with the settings. There was much less noise than with the stock camera app. I didn't try it with the rear camera however.

Well I just use Snapchat for front facing pics (in low light conditions) because it has the cool feature of flash on the front camera! I wish Sammy would implement that into the Stock TouchWiz camera app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank