What ROM am I running?

OP Ivrim

20th May 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hello first post here and i'm still a bit of an Android noob so here is a dumb question, I have just rooted my HTC One M8 using TheUnlockr All in One Kit method and my question is what ROM am I running? (I would link but new here) When you Root a phone does there have to be a custom ROM installed to have SuperSu on the phone, or is that all rooting is, just installing a custom recovery and installing SuperSu. For me the phone seems like it is just running the stock Sense ROM but I have been looking into flashing Cyanogen mod, and I want to know what I am currently using in case I want to get rid of Cyanogen. Sorry if this is confusing and stupid but yea. Thanks!
20th May 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 116

734 posts
More
You should still be running stock ROM

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Nilsonf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Oh okay, so if this is the case shouldn't I be able to unroot, install the OTA update and then reroot or is this a no no?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 233

966 posts
More
You would probably have to relock your bootloader to update. Just wait for fenny to update his Stock+ rom in the development section. It'll have the OTA update baked in. Then you don't have to worry about unrooting and re-rooting.

Sent from my HTC One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to VolcanicSkunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread