XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Group chat not working?

Tip us?

captainwahid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Group chat not working?

Does anyone else have this problem of the group chat not working properly? Im in a group chat on the stock messaging app and each time i get a message, it rather sends it to me individually rather then in the group chat itself. And it also says something weird like "Couldn't download MMS. Touch to download again. Size 1KB. Expires: ......". If i try sending a message it gives me a red exclamation point also. After awhile i get the message but like a day later. Not really the point of group texts lol. I've tried using hangouts but that gives me the same problem. Could it be the APN?

lampel
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwahid View Post
Does anyone else have this problem of the group chat not working properly? Im in a group chat on the stock messaging app and each time i get a message, it rather sends it to me individually rather then in the group chat itself. And it also says something weird like "Couldn't download MMS. Touch to download again. Size 1KB. Expires: ......". If i try sending a message it gives me a red exclamation point also. After awhile i get the message but like a day later. Not really the point of group texts lol. I've tried using hangouts but that gives me the same problem. Could it be the APN?
It could be the APN partly. I've seen that if I use IPv4/IPv6 rather than just the IPv6 it doesn't download or send properly. As far as group messaging make sure it's enabled in the texting app, settings, mms settings, group messaging.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Provider: T-Mobile US
Device: HTC One