Originally Posted by CC268
Woah...that is weird...it has always worked in the past? What happened?
Verizon happened. Well they've always made their phone manufacturers lock the bootloaders but with the Qualcomm Snapdragons, we haven't been able to get a true bootloader unlock. In fact, you're very lucky you kept your phone on MDK firmware. There's a small majority of us that did that and we're the only ones with an "exploited" bootloader, the 6 firmwares since MDK all have locked bootloaders.
Basically we use a "loki" exploit to make the system think our bootloader is unlocked, even though it really isn't. That's why ROM manager won't work, you need a loki'd version of CWM, not just the normal version.
- CARRIER: Verizon
- PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
- CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
- BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
- RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
- KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
- ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
- LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar