[Q] CM11 on SCH-I535 with NC1? Can it be done?

OP TinkerUT

15th May 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 on verizon (SCH-I535) that has the OTA NC1 installed. Is there any way to flash CM11 on this device? I have been searching all over to find a way but so far no dice. It sounds like with NC1 the boot loader is permanently locked. It seems also that CM requires me to first flash something like Clockworkmod Recovery. I have not yet found a way to do this. I have played with Heimdall and Odin. I always get an error when downloading.

Can this be done or am I stuck because I am on NC1?

Please educate me. Thanks!
15th May 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 127

533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerUT

I have the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 on verizon (SCH-I535) that has the OTA NC1 installed. Is there any way to flash CM11 on this device? I have been searching all over to find a way but so far no dice. It sounds like with NC1 the boot loader is permanently locked. It seems also that CM requires me to first flash something like Clockworkmod Recovery. I have not yet found a way to do this. I have played with Heimdall and Odin. I always get an error when downloading.

Can this be done or am I stuck because I am on NC1?

Please educate me. Thanks!

You are stuck with a locked bootloader unfortunately. So no AOSP Roms.
15th May 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt730

Thanks for the reply! I guess this phone is old enough that this will probably never change.
20th May 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

Can I root so I can purge the device of the Samsung cruft? If so can you point me to instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!
Last edited by TinkerUT; 20th May 2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Bad grammer. Sorry :)
20th May 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central PA

533 posts
More
Quote:

Can I root so I can purge the device of the Samsung cruft? If so can you point me to instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!

You can use saferoot found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758 and then use something like titanium backup to freeze or remove.
20th May 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

You can use saferoot found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758 and then use something like titanium backup to freeze or remove.

I understood that saferoot did not work on NC1. Do I have to flash ML1 first and then root?
20th May 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag Central PA

533 posts
More
Quote:

I understood that saferoot did not work on NC1. Do I have to flash ML1 first and then root?

Yes. Sorry! Odin ML1 and then use saferoot. The NC1 update doesn't do anything for the US.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, nc1, sch-i535
Previous Thread Next Thread