[Q] LG G2 D802 Stuck on bootloop. Help please?

OP ZombieDawgg

22nd November 2013, 08:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
So I rooted my G2 using this method: http://theunlockr.com/2013/10/25/roo...ersions-video/

And flashed CWM using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468858

And everything worked perfectly.

I could boot into recovery, all that stuff, but then some stuff went wrong when I tried to flash CM10.2..
I used ROM Manager, and backed up the ROM, which only sort of worked, being unable to back up 'system'
It then tried to flash CM10.2, but was stuck so I force shut down.. Now it's in boot loop, with the LG logo, and I'm unsure how to boot into recovery (tried volume up +Power, volume down+Power, niether worked)... What should I do?
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
22nd November 2013, 09:09 AM   |  #2  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDawgg

So I rooted my G2 using this method: http://theunlockr.com/2013/10/25/roo...ersions-video/

And flashed CWM using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468858

And everything worked perfectly.

I could boot into recovery, all that stuff, but then some stuff went wrong when I tried to flash CM10.2..
I used ROM Manager, and backed up the ROM, which only sort of worked, being unable to back up 'system'
It then tried to flash CM10.2, but was stuck so I force shut down.. Now it's in boot loop, with the LG logo, and I'm unsure how to boot into recovery (tried volume up +Power, volume down+Power, niether worked)... What should I do?

Hi,
To enter in recovery it's a little more subtle , it's in the OP where you take your recovery...:

Quote:

HOW TO ENTER RECOVERY
Method 1: Hold the power button + volume down button until the LG image appears. Once it does let go of the buttons then immediately push and hold them again until recovery boots.
NOTE: The method above will arrive at the "hard reset" area, but when choosing hard reset, it will take you to CWM (without actually resetting).

In recovery, do a full wipe then flash CM (right version for your phone?) and see if it boots.

Otherwise, return to full stock or use an OTG cable to push another rom (if your actual recovery support it), at least to have a working phone before flashing something else...

And backup your rom directly in recovery, not with Rom Manager...

Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 22nd November 2013 at 09:17 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2013, 11:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37

Hi,
To enter in recovery it's a little more subtle , it's in the OP where you take your recovery...:

In recovery, do a full wipe then flash CM (right version for your phone?) and see if it boots.

Otherwise, return to full stock or use an OTG cable to push another rom (if your actual recovery support it), at least to have a working phone before flashing something else...

When I try backup in cwm, it says 'can't mount to /system"

When I try installing the rom, it just sticks to 'installing update' and the progress bar doesn't move...
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
22nd November 2013, 11:30 AM   |  #4  

n/a posts
Quote:

When I try backup in cwm, it says 'can't mount to /system"

When I try installing the rom, it just sticks to 'installing update' and the progress bar doesn't move...

Ah...

If I were you I will start from scratch, maybe not the best method but...

Take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 to return to stock, then root, install recovery, backup your rom in recovery (first thing to do). Full wipe and try CM...

Have you the right recovery for your phone model?

Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 22nd November 2013 at 11:59 AM.
22nd November 2013, 11:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:

Ah...

If I were you I will start from scratch, maybe not the best method but...

Take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 to return to stock, then root, install recovery, backup your rom in recovery (first thing to do). Full wipe and try CM...

Have you the right recovery for your phone model?

Yes, I believe so.

That method I just attempted now, but: 09:02:28 : Launching SW update
09:02:28 : Unpacking KDZ
09:02:29 : KDZ file extraced
09:02:29 : Extract file error
09:02:31 : ===FINISHED===

So yeah, it didn't work :/

I'm completely lost.
22nd November 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #6  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, I believe so.

That method I just attempted now, but: 09:02:28 : Launching SW update
09:02:28 : Unpacking KDZ
09:02:29 : KDZ file extraced
09:02:29 : Extract file error
09:02:31 : ===FINISHED===

So yeah, it didn't work :/

I'm completely lost.

Did you check the MD5 of the kdz file you downloaded?
22nd November 2013, 11:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellopuddingstick

Did you check the MD5 of the kdz file you downloaded?

The md5 is 2e42d58646ae740d56d7ae3ab10204a5, maybe it's the wrong one? It did say it's for the D802, though, which is definitely what I have.
26th November 2013, 11:57 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

69 posts
I'm in the exact same situation.
Did you resolve the issue with the return to stock guide? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

I'm thinking that it could be possible to put a different ROM on the sdcard via mounting CWM but not sure how to go about doing this, any suggestions?

Thanks
26th November 2013, 12:02 PM   |  #9  

9 posts
Sounds like you installed stock wrong... remember to click "Normal web upgrade test" first before clicking "Upgrade Start" in new window. The log shows u clicked "upgrade start" before clicking "normal web upgrade test"
29th January 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 179

1,750 posts
Quote:

Hi,

thanks that helped me out of a pickle.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread