I always using Odin v3.07 for my note 2 but it doesn't make any change.
First of all, does the pc recognise your device?
When you plug in your device, dies the pc make a sound?
Does it say something like installing drivers csc, serial, and many other things?
If one of this anwsers is yes; try this:
I tink there's a problem with your drivers.
1. Instal Samsung kies 3 when your note is on android 4.3 or higher, else just Kies
2. Open kies (3)
3. Search in the dropdown menus somewhere above the screen for "(re)install drivers" (I think it was in one of the last menus)
4. Reinstall the drivers
5. Close Samsung Kies
6. Open Odin
7. Put your Galaxy Note 2 in download mode and then connect to the pc
8. Choose in the tab "PDA" what you want to flash with Odin
9. Wait a while, a bleu box will appear with COM and some numbers. When this appears your device is recognised and you can start flashing
If this doesn't work This will help too, BUT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR DATA.
1. Go to recovery mode by holding volume key up + home + power.
2. Choose factory reset. (It will wipe all your data)
3. After the factory reset, connect your phone to the pc and see if it works
4. If It still won't connect redo my first steps (those with Kies)
If it still doesn't work, I can't help you