[Q] N8020 semi brick,stuck startup logo,No Recovery Mode!

Search This thread
Aug 24, 2006
Sialkot
Hello All,
My N8020 is now semi brick after trying to flash it back to stock.It was on custom rom before but showing different errors so i decided to change the rom...First i tried to install another custom rom which was cynogenmod 10 but after intstalling this rom from cwm phone stuck at cynogenmod startup logo i waited for long time but still nothing.Then tried different versions of cynogen roms but same...After all this i decided to install a official rom so i flashed this with
N8020XXBMA3_N8020XSABMA2_N8020XXBMA1_HOME.tar
but now the real problem started..Now i can boot phone in download mode but not in recovery mode at all...Then i tried to flash a cwm via odin and get "PASS" messege in odin but still no recovery mode...Tried to flash to flash clockwork recovery several time but nothing changed and then i check in download mode the custom flash counter increase every time i try to flash cwm...then i searched the stock recovery for 8020 but when i try to flash it via odin i always get "FAIL"...
Now i m out of ideas and searching for a real solution....SO can anybody please tell me what to do next to get it back to life???

Regards,
Muneeb

KoRoZIV

Aug 27, 2010
Ploiesti
You are correct, I can't find for n8020 either.
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/p4noterf

Try to flash cwm again. Don't check auto reboot in odin. When finished flashing cwm, press power+volume up, when samsung or whatever appears on screen release power but keep presing volume up until cwm loads.
Let me know if you have any luck.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2006
Sialkot
You are correct, I can't find for n8020 either.
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/p4noterf

Try to flash cwm again. Don't check auto reboot in odin. When finished flashing cwm, press power+volume up, when samsung or whatever appears on screen release power but keep presing volume up until cwm loads.
Let me know if you have any luck.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Thnx but its still same..did this as per your instructions but tablet still on samsung galaxy note 10.1 logo i have pressed the vol up for long time but nothing...One more thing that one more count added to custom binary download.
Still no luck... :(

Aug 24, 2006
Sialkot
One more thing which i forgot to mention that in download mode it is showing...

CURRENT BINARY : CUSTOM
SYSTEM BINARY : CUSTOM

this status not changing even after flashing it with official firmwares....

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
One more thing which i forgot to mention that in download mode it is showing...

CURRENT BINARY : CUSTOM
SYSTEM BINARY : CUSTOM

this status not changing even after flashing it with official firmwares....

I would start all over from scratch to ensure the files you used were for your device.

THIS IS THE AUTO ROOT PACKAGE FOR AN N8020. UNZIP THE FILE & FLASH VIA ODIN

THIS IS CWM RECOVERY FOR N8020. FLASH VIA ODIN

THIS IS TWRP RECOVERY FOR N8000 WHICH IS WHAT YOU WOULD USE. FLASH VIA ODIN

Its possible at this point you might need to run a pit file. Nand erase as well. Read into them before EVER attempting.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2006
Sialkot
I would start all over from scratch to ensure the files you used were for your device.

THIS IS THE AUTO ROOT PACKAGE FOR AN N8020. UNZIP THE FILE & FLASH VIA ODIN

THIS IS CWM RECOVERY FOR N8020. FLASH VIA ODIN

THIS IS TWRP RECOVERY FOR N8000 WHICH IS WHAT YOU WOULD USE. FLASH VIA ODIN

Its possible at this point you might need to run a pit file. Nand erase as well. Read into them before EVER attempting.

Hello,

I have tried these two already "CF-Auto_root" and "N8020-CWM-6.0.2.8-Darkman.tar.md5" but still same..But now my question is will N8000 twrp recovery work on N8020?
Pit yes it can be the solution but its bit risky isn't it?

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
Hello,

I have tried these two already "CF-Auto_root" and "N8020-CWM-6.0.2.8-Darkman.tar.md5" but still same..But now my question is will N8000 twrp recovery work on N8020?
Pit yes it can be the solution but its bit risky isn't it?

Yes N8000 is the twrp recovery for N8020. Yes pit is risky but if you read into how to do it and follow it you will be just fine. Sometimes a device may require running NAND Erase also (meaning checking the box in odin). The biggest problem with pit file is people not knowing and just running it as if they were getting a custom ROM.

Aug 24, 2006
Sialkot
Yes N8000 is the twrp recovery for N8020. Yes pit is risky but if you read into how to do it and follow it you will be just fine. Sometimes a device may require running NAND Erase also (meaning checking the box in odin). The biggest problem with pit file is people not knowing and just running it as if they were getting a custom ROM.

i tried the twrp recovery also but still same the custom binary counter increasing but no recovery mode....
Can u plz tell me a bit about pit flashing how to do that????One more thing i only able to find one pit file all over the google which is created by a user so can i use that pit file..
Thanks for ur time!

KoRoZIV

Aug 27, 2010
Ploiesti
I didn't find a working pit for my n 8010. Don't worry too much about the binary counter, mine was 118 today, I reset it with triangle away. I don't have the balls to do a nand erase on mine, I'm not even sure that is required for my problem, at least mine is working.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
i tried the twrp recovery also but still same the custom binary counter increasing but no recovery mode....
Can u plz tell me a bit about pit flashing how to do that????One more thing i only able to find one pit file all over the google which is created by a user so can i use that pit file..
Thanks for ur time!

When you ran N8020XXBMA3_N8020XSABMA2_N8020XXBMA1_HOME.tar in odin did you have the re-partition box selected?

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
Last edited:

pilo_kulet

Nov 14, 2011
hi sir need assistance. Can you please re-upload links im having the same problem.
N8020 suddenly rebooted and stuck on boot loop.
Thank you in advance.