Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about MJ5

Tip us?

BR7fan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Default Question about MJ5

I have the MJ5 build and I want to do a clean install. Is there an Odin ready build out there for me to do this task. I have found threads about this, but they are to confusing and I don't want to flash the wrong one. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR7fan View Post
I have the MJ5 build and I want to do a clean install. Is there an Odin ready build out there for me to do this task. I have found threads about this, but they are to confusing and I don't want to flash the wrong one. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Clean install of what? Of mj5?

BR7fan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r View Post
Clean install of what? Of mj5?
YES sir

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
YES sir
You can use this to restore back to stock mj5. Complete steps to have root, stop at step 9 if you dont want to.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote:
You can use this to restore back to stock mj5. Complete steps to have root, stop at step 9 if you dont want to.
Im dumb somehow i cant post a link, just look at general section for restore mj5.
The Following User Says Thank You to posersk8r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BR7fan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Im dumb somehow i cant post a link, just look at general section for restore mj5.
Thanks. That's what I was confused about. I wasn't sure if I could use that one to restore MJ5 to MJ5. The reason I needed to is because when I unrooted kingo with kingo, I couldn't reroot and the custom lock won't go away.

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Thanks. That's what I was confused about. I wasn't sure if I could use that one to restore MJ5 to MJ5. The reason I needed to is because when I unrooted kingo with kingo, I couldn't reroot and the custom lock won't go away.
Yeah the restore would remove the custom padlock if you decide not to root. Would wipe everything though so be sure to back up important stuff.