Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Note 3 screen wont turn off

OP papashex

16th October 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

118 posts
As stated, screen will not go off via timeout or power button tap. Power button is recognized and will bring up shut down menu like normal.

Device is rooted (thanks DG) and had been running well for over a week. Defrosted all apps from tibu in case I got over zealous but no better. A factory reset has not cleared it up either. Hoping the oneclick from the root package will correct the issue, but thats not until I get home later this evening.

Has anyone experienced / recovered from this issue?

Smart stay is turned off
Last edited by papashex; 16th October 2013 at 05:28 PM.
16th October 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 174

473 posts
I've had noticeable lag like a few seconds and sometimes I wonder if it's going to shut off but it always does. Better set a dark lock screen wallpaper to conserve your battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
16th October 2013, 06:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 145

789 posts
I know this is kind of basic, but what is your setting here:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1381940203003.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	2329291  
17th October 2013, 01:46 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

118 posts
Thanks for the thoughts.

I had already gone through the standard - double check the settings, remove recent apps. When all that failed and a factory reset still didn't clear it up I was beginning to worry about some kind of hardware damage (don't see how since I treat it better than my child ).

Fortunately the one click from the root seems to have restored proper operation. Back to rooting and rebuilding!
15th May 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papashex

Thanks for the thoughts.

I had already gone through the standard - double check the settings, remove recent apps. When all that failed and a factory reset still didn't clear it up I was beginning to worry about some kind of hardware damage (don't see how since I treat it better than my child ).

Fortunately the one click from the root seems to have restored proper operation. Back to rooting and rebuilding!

I'm having the same problem, I rooted through vroot.... what do you mean one click fixed it little my incite would be helpful....
thank you
20th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #6  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,034 posts
More
Mine just did this, scared the hell out of me It also didn't go into deep sleep before it started. (Not rooted).

Pulled the battery, waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in.... same thing. Waited a few minutes, seems to have sorted itself out.

Scary....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread