Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 46,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X functions fine but won't charge at all

Tip us?

humzaahmed155
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 206
Default HTC One X functions fine but won't charge at all

Guys, my one x just ran into a devastating issue, and by the looks of it, so did my 1500 pc rig. As I plugged my phone into its charger the computer shut off and the phone refused to charge. No sign at all. (just to be clear I did NOT plug it into the PC) The one x is on 4% battery and will probably cut off in 5 minutes. I need help urgently, (my pc needs a new PSU as well) I've tried plugging it into other chargers but that doesn't work. I used the main charger on other phones and they still charge fine.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_225 using Tapatalk
Current Devices
Google Nexus 5 Black 16GB - Android L Preview
Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE i9305 16GB - Official CM11 Nightlies - AGNi Kernel.

Old Devices
HTC One X 32GB - CM11 nightlies - Faux kernel - Dead (bad build quality took it's toll.)
HTC Desire HD - Sold.

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by humzaahmed155 View Post
Guys, my one x just ran into a devastating issue, and by the looks of it, so did my 1500 pc rig. As I plugged my phone into its charger the computer shut off and the phone refused to charge. No sign at all. (just to be clear I did NOT plug it into the PC) The one x is on 4% battery and will probably cut off in 5 minutes. I need help urgently, (my pc needs a new PSU as well) I've tried plugging it into other chargers but that doesn't work. I used the main charger on other phones and they still charge fine.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_225 using Tapatalk
a few questions did you try other chargers,have you rooted you phone and install a recovery and did your pc shutdown normally or did he just go black
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button

xaffer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Not trying to state the obvious but ... try another power outlet and another charger perhaps?

Maybe a voltage spike in your power line killed the charger for your phone and the PSU of your PC, or just tripped the CB of your extension cord?

humzaahmed155
Old
(Last edited by humzaahmed155; 22nd May 2014 at 01:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 206
Tried multiple chargers, cables, and outlets. Rooting the phone has nothing to do with the device issue. My computer has a surge protection motherboard (Gigabyte) which started working this morning, the phone could probably do the same thing later on, I'll try later
Current Devices
Google Nexus 5 Black 16GB - Android L Preview
Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE i9305 16GB - Official CM11 Nightlies - AGNi Kernel.

Old Devices
HTC One X 32GB - CM11 nightlies - Faux kernel - Dead (bad build quality took it's toll.)
HTC Desire HD - Sold.