Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issue on increasing the internal memory

Tip us?

EGY falcon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] Issue on increasing the internal memory

Hello Everybody
I have Sony Xperia L ( Android 4.2.2 - 15.3.A.1.17 Firmware - Rooted - with locked bootloader ), ( I had never flash any custom ROMs or unlock the bootloader before )
I tried to extend my internal memory with the method of partitioning the SD card " That's why I rooted my phone !! "- I have 16 G.B SD Card - I downloaded the Minitool Partition software, and made the 1st partition 10 G.B Fat32 primary , and the 2nd partition 4.26 G.B Ext2 primary.
But when I insert the SD Card in the phone, I got bootloop issue, otherwise when I remove it, the phone operates normally.
I tried to make the 2nd partition format Ext3 and I got the same result, and Ext4 but at this time the phone operates normally but the SD Card couldn't recognized !!!! , and when I delete this 2nd partition, the phone operates normally.
So, please I need help to solve this **** issue
I'll be grateful, Thanks

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Most likely because the tool you are using isn't very good for stuff like this. I know, it's weird, it creates the partitions and all of that, but something about the Windows tool that just messes things up. I've had the exact same problem on another phone. Typically gparted is recommended for these kinds of things. You should be able to set up a Ubuntu Live CD or bootable USB drive to use the gparted tool there.

Like so:

http://www.archlinuxuser.com/2014/04...ion-using.html

Though if you have a newer bootable Ubuntu version, you won't need to install gparted.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EGY falcon
Old
(Last edited by EGY falcon; 19th May 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks mate
I'm gonna try this, and I'll tell you the results.
but one question:
you mean I make a partition on linux and the other in windows ???
I mean I need to make a partition to link it with the internal memory and that's will be the ( Ext2, Ext3, or Ext4 ) , and the other will be for storing ordinary files.

EGY falcon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Most likely because the tool you are using isn't very good for stuff like this. I know, it's weird, it creates the partitions and all of that, but something about the Windows tool that just messes things up. I've had the exact same problem on another phone. Typically gparted is recommended for these kinds of things. You should be able to set up a Ubuntu Live CD or bootable USB drive to use the gparted tool there.

Like so:

http://www.archlinuxuser.com/2014/04...ion-using.html

Though if you have a newer bootable Ubuntu version, you won't need to install gparted.
I tried to changing the file system from Ubuntu Live DVD like you said ( Boot from the DVD not Installed ) and I used Gparted program ( Built-in the DVD ) and the same result
I have 2 questions:
1- Is the order of the partitions make change, I mean the right or the lift one in the Gparted program ???
2- Is that any other way to extend the internal memory please mention in the comment
Thanks....