Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Brand new, update to 4.4.2, boot loop

Tip us?

eddiemerckx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Brand new, update to 4.4.2, boot loop

Hi guys,

My girlfriend bought a new Moto G yesterday. When she connected to WiFi during the setup, the device immediately said an update to 4.4.2 was available. She downloaded and applied the update but now her phone only shows the blue Motorola orb and then a black screen for 10 seconds. This loops until the battery runs out.

I can access the bootloader (flashed both the EU 4.4.2 firmware and the GB one and both don't give any errors but don't resolve the issue).
I can't access the recovery (it just seems to reboot the phone) or factory reset it from the bootloader.

Any idea what might be happening and how I can resolve this?

jayrocky11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemerckx View Post
Hi guys,

My girlfriend bought a new Moto G yesterday. When she connected to WiFi during the setup, the device immediately said an update to 4.4.2 was available. She downloaded and applied the update but now her phone only shows the blue Motorola orb and then a black screen for 10 seconds. This loops until the battery runs out.

I can access the bootloader (flashed both the EU 4.4.2 firmware and the GB one and both don't give any errors but don't resolve the issue).
I can't access the recovery (it just seems to reboot the phone) or factory reset it from the bootloader.

Any idea what might be happening and how I can resolve this?
i also have same problem...
i cant find solution for my moto g.....

eddiemerckx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrocky11 View Post
i also have same problem...
i cant find solution for my moto g.....
I didn't find any other solution other than sending it back, so it's on its way to get replaced.