Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid Maxx Battery Drain

Tip us?

benb70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Droid Maxx Battery Drain

After the latest OTA, my battery has been draining very quickly, to the point where I can only get 6-8 hours out of a full charge. Is anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SupremeOverlord
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I think more information is needed. What version you on? What apps draining it? The more information you provide, the more help you can get.

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Settings / battery usage. Tap the graph - if the awake graph shows a lot of blue, you have an app (or more than one) holding the phone awake. The settings / battery usage first screen may give a clue what that is.

One other thing to look at is a corrupted Google sync. Settings, tap "Google" under accounts. If you see an item with a red circle rather than a green circle, it is having sync problems. That can drain battery fast.

benb70
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the replies. I believe it was simply a combination of switching to a new app for texting (EvolveSMS, which is great, by the way) that turned on my screen whenever I received a new text and being in a big city on vacation where I'm not getting the consistent signal strength I'm used to.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

porkweasel
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm having the same issue. I did a full factory restore of the new update, loaded the same apps as I previously had from scratch (no titanium) and my battery is draining rapidly. No run away apps at all. Probably getting 1/3 the life as I was previously.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Motorola Droid - Motorola Droid X - Samsung Droid Charge - Motorola Droid RAZR - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Motorola Droid RAZR HD - HTC Droid DNA - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Droid MAXX Developer Edition - HTC One M8

Yes, it's an addiction!