Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Brick - Stuck in Odin Mode - SM-N9005A

Tip us?
 
bishouji
Old
(Last edited by bishouji; 20th May 2014 at 03:53 PM.) Reason: typo
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default [Q] Soft Brick - Stuck in Odin Mode - SM-N9005A

Working on this at 3am was a bad idea. Being tired and becoming impatient was not a good combination. I was running version 4.4.2 for Samsung Note 3. Upon trying to downgrade the firmware to 4.3 using the official .md5 from sammobile, it went through almost the entire process, failed, and I received an error code in Odin v3.09 under Message:

NAND WRITE START!!
FAIL! (Auth)

Phone was stuck in download mode with almost the full loading bar. After about 20 minutes of waiting and becoming impatient, I pulled the battery. Upon bootup, I have become stuck in Odin Mode. When booting up, I get this, minus quotations:

"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N900A
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A3, P2
WIRE PROTECTION: ENABLE
UDC START



Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please Select recovery mode in Kies & try again."



I have tried recovering in Kies, but it does not recognize it. I can not boot into recovery mode, but I can still boot into download mode (thankfully). I have retried using the official firmware again as well as a Poland 4.4 release (as recommended on an article in this forum) After a google search, I came across an article on droidviews on "How to Unbrick AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A"

I attempted to follow their tutorial. In odin, it seems to go well all the way to the very end. I tried initially without the bootloader, then a second time with. I keep getting the same error message (there are previous lines stating what it has done, I can post if needed):

NAND WRITE START!!
FAIL! (Auth)

The phone hangs up again and I have to do a battery pull.

Additional notes, possibly not helpful: I did do a factory reset before attempting this. Attempted to use Odin 3.07. After searching these forums, I have tried CF-Autoroot, using CWM recovery.tar, All through out this, I have tried using different cables other than factory, tried it on 3 total different computers (home desktop, laptop, and now work computer), different usb ports, entirely uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and verified that Kies was not running in the background (terminated through task manager). Found an article in this forum to do just a re-partition in Odin using a PIT file. I used the one I got from droidview mentioned above. It says successful in Odin, then the phone starts to power-cycle at the Samsung splash screen. I can still boot into download mode, but I can not boot into the recovery mode (power cycles again). After the power cycling, I attempted to reflash the AP, and after it goes through almost the entire process, it gets the error "FAIL! (Auth)" and phone hangs up again. After reboot, I get the error on the phone again, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue..."

Let me know if there is any other information you need me to provide. I am willing to try whatever I need to do to get it fixed if anyone has any ideas. Very desperate. Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Casey
 
Misterjunky
Old
#2  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2249
Posts: 4,396
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: Odin flash Firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishouji View Post
Working on this at 3am was a bad idea. Being tired and becoming impatient was not a good combination. I was running version 4.4.2 for Samsung Note 3. Upon trying to downgrade the firmware to 4.3 using the official .md5 from sammobile, it went through almost the entire process, failed, and I received an error code in Odin v3.09 under Message:

NAND WRITE START!!
FAIL! (Auth)

Phone was stuck in download mode with almost the full loading bar. After about 20 minutes of waiting and becoming impatient, I pulled the battery. Upon bootup, I have become stuck in Odin Mode. When booting up, I get this, minus quotations:

"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N900A
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A3, P2
WIRE PROTECTION: ENABLE
UDC START

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please Select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

I have tried recovering in Kies, but it does not recognize it. I can not boot into recovery mode, but I can still boot into download mode (thankfully). I have retried using the official firmware again as well as a Poland 4.4 release (as recommended on an article in this forum) After a google search, I came across an article on droidviews on "How to Unbrick AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A"

I attempted to follow their tutorial. In odin, it seems to go well all the way to the very end. I tried initially without the bootloader, then a second time with. I keep getting the same error message (there are previous lines stating what it has done, I can post if needed):

NAND WRITE START!!
FAIL! (Auth)

The phone hangs up again and I have to do a battery pull.

Additional notes, possibly not helpful: I did do a factory reset before attempting this. Attempted to use Odin 3.07. After searching these forums, I have tried CF-Autoroot, using CWM recovery.tar, All through out this, I have tried using different cables other than factory, tried it on 3 total different computers (home desktop, laptop, and now work computer), different usb ports, entirely uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and verified that Kies was not running in the background (terminated through task manager). Found an article in this forum to do just a re-partition in Odin using a PIT file. I used the one I got from droidview mentioned above. It says successful in Odin, then the phone starts to power-cycle at the Samsung splash screen. I can still boot into download mode, but I can not boot into the recovery mode (power cycles again). After the power cycling, I attempted to reflash the AP, and after it goes through almost the entire process, it gets the error "FAIL! (Auth)" and phone hangs up again. After reboot, I get the error on the phone again, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue..."

Let me know if there is any other information you need me to provide. I am willing to try whatever I need to do to get it fixed if anyone has any ideas. Very desperate. Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Casey


Get the official NB4 Samsung 4.4.2 note 3 firmware for your phone's
model number from http://SamMobile.com and Odin flash it.


You cannot downgrade to 4.3 firmware.


Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).



 
bishouji
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
Get the official NB4 Samsung 4.4.2 note 3 firmware for your phone's
model number from sammobile and Odin flash it.


You cannot downgrade to 4.3 firmware.


Good luck!
Unfortunately, they have only released the 4.3 firmware through that website even though the 4.4.2 firmware was released sometime in March.
 
radicalisto
Old
#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1389
Posts: 3,431
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishouji View Post
Unfortunately, they have only released the 4.3 firmware through that website even though the 4.4.2 firmware was released sometime in March.
Have a look around HERE I bet you missed this and you can have it fixed in less than 10 minutes - If not, feel free to tag me and I'll respond
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
 
bishouji
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Have a look around HERE I bet you missed this and you can have it fixed in less than 10 minutes - If not, feel free to tag me and I'll respond
I noticed the dedicated forums, and unfortunately I couldn't find anything helpful minus the Root de la Vega thread (which is what I was originally going off of to root). My best guess was that I was going to have to wait until Samsung had the official release of 4.4.2 website. Who knows when that would be, so I just got back from my local AT&T Device Support Center and had it replaced. Thankfully the KNOX indicator wasn't tripped. Thank you guys for the help!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more